Swamp Rat Rodent 7

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Swamp Rat Rodent 7

Post by MacLaren »

A little something different fellas. Its as the title says, the Swamp Rat Rodent 7. Which many of y'all are probably already familiar with. But, for those that are un-familiar the Swamp Rat Rodent 7, is part of the Busse family of knives. Busse Kin. It's absolutely one helluva knife. Pretty much an un-conditional lifetime guarantee. This knife is basically indestructible. 1/4" thick spine, you can baton all ya want. And then some. Its also just a gorgeous knife! The steel is Swamp Rats SR101(52100), but on steroids -as they say. However, when she arrived she was nowhere near close to cutting phone book paper, much less printer paper. The Sharpmaker fixed that though. Now she's shaving sharp, and will make S's through phone book paper. I really like their 52100 steel. Take's a great edge. Its funny though, as not very long after I got it, I decided to sell it! I just didn't think I needed it. Plus, the handle is a just a tad different from my other fixed blades, as you will see in the pics. And, it took 5 weeks to get this knife. It was pretty much made for me. Only if your really lucky will they have one in stock. I think? At any rate, Swamp Rat offers other knives such as this in different sizes, and also has a custom shop, where you can request things like a full flat grind and a stainless blade. Okay then, on to the pics. Hope y'all enjoy!
Last edited by MacLaren on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Re: Swamp Rat Rodent 7

Post by MacLaren »

A few more....
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Very nice. I only have one Rat, but there are 8-9 Busses kicking arond here somewhere. The honestly don't get used much but they are beautiful knives, no doubt.
Ken
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

kbuzbee wrote:Very nice. I only have one Rat, but there are 8-9 Busses kicking arond here somewhere. The honestly don't get used much but they are beautiful knives, no doubt.
Ken
Wow. Those are beautiful. My next will be a Custom Shop RatManDu with a stainless finish and full flat grind. And, these knives are built like a freakin tank :)
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Nice pix. I've been debating a Rodent 9, but your 7 looks pretty sweet.