Household Tips

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Household Tips

Post by Doc Dan »

Smelling moth balls is not pleasant. Even the non-smell kind require some sort of perfumed object or spray from time to time to refresh clothes, drawers, and closets. Rather than moth balls, use CLOVES. Bugs do not like clove spikes and they smell nice and spicy. Put some in a nylon mesh, cheese cloth, or something similar and you will be bug free with nice smelling clothes and closets.
3rdGenRigger

Re: Household Tips

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Moth balls have their uses...one on the top of each wheel of your classic car will stop most mice from getting in.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Hey, that is a good tip!
Trout Hound

Post by Trout Hound »

I grabbed some packs of cedar balls and hanging blocks from Target. Works well and smells great. I stayed in the guest house at the old Johnson & Johnson estate for a wedding once a few years ago. Talk about country come to town. I was afraid to even touch anything in that place. Each room had a full walk-in closet lined COMPLETELY with cedar boards. Walls, ceiling, everything. It was unreal.
A sharp knife is a pleasure to carry. Five or six sharp knives are an even greater pleasure.

Trout Hound
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Lavender works pretty well also.
kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

Bay leaves placed in grain/legume storage containers will keep bugs out (without causing food to smell)
Longer term storage requires diatomaceous earth etc.
Check out survivalblog.com for more in depth info if interested.
peace and love..
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Trout Hound wrote:I grabbed some packs of cedar balls and hanging blocks from Target. Works well and smells great. I stayed in the guest house at the old Johnson & Johnson estate for a wedding once a few years ago. Talk about country come to town. I was afraid to even touch anything in that place. Each room had a full walk-in closet lined COMPLETELY with cedar boards. Walls, ceiling, everything. It was unreal.
Yeah, if you are not allergic to cedar (some people are) then a cedar closet is hard to beat, but is very costly. Your cedar balls were a good idea. What a lot of the old people of days gone by used to do was put cedar shavings in a stocking or something and place that in a closet, or in drawers, or a trunk. Bugs will not go near the stuff and it smells great.