TEN YEARS On the Job AT Spyderville

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Deacon

Re: TEN YEARS On the Job AT Spyderville

Post by The Deacon »

Congrats on 10 years here and a lot of excellent contributions to this forum, JD. Best wishes for an even better decade to come.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

Hey JD,

congrats on your anniversary and my thanks for many wonderful contributions to this forum.
Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
skatenut
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

defenestrate wrote:IIRC, there was a forum change in 2004 that did not retain our initial sign up times. I believe The Deacon and I both joined over here in 2003, but we both are listed as registering september 2004. in any case, it's been an excellent decade for knive knuts, and it's good to see other folks
That's all true DEF about the 2004 registry dilema/oddity>> but I really did join in September of 2004>> and on the 28th to be exact. And it was just about 80 days later that I joined Bladeforums. Man oh Man how time flies :eek:

Yeah I knew there were a bunch of you already that had been here for some time like yourself, The Deacon, Daywalker, the esteemed Dr. Hannibal Lecter MD, VanpyreWolf and Simona the Joyful Girl from the Prague along with Jimmy Dean, Worker #9 and a few others.

There sure has been a lot of changes in the dynamics of the place but it's still the best blade forum on the entire internet in my opinion and I hope it stays that way,. Again I thank all of you great guys and gals for tolerating me that long :D Needless To Say "Now's The Time: For A New Hawkbill" and with a marlinspike for crying out loud :cool: And GOD BLESS the Great Spyder Factory
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

JD Spydo wrote:
defenestrate wrote:IIRC, there was a forum change in 2004 that did not retain our initial sign up times. I believe The Deacon and I both joined over here in 2003, but we both are listed as registering september 2004. in any case, it's been an excellent decade for knive knuts, and it's good to see other folks
That's all true DEF about the 2004 registry dilema/oddity>> but I really did join in September of 2004>> and on the 28th to be exact. And it was just about 80 days later that I joined Bladeforums. Man oh Man how time flies :eek:

Yeah I knew there were a bunch of you already that had been here for some time like yourself, The Deacon, Daywalker, the esteemed Dr. Hannibal Lecter MD, VanpyreWolf and Simona the Joyful Girl from the Prague along with Jimmy Dean, Worker #9 and a few others.

There sure has been a lot of changes in the dynamics of the place but it's still the best blade forum on the entire internet in my opinion and I hope it stays that way,. Again I thank all of you great guys and gals for tolerating me that long :D Needless To Say "Now's The Time: For A New Hawkbill" and with a marlinspike for crying out loud :cool: And GOD BLESS the Great Spyder Factory
A lot of names mentioned in that post brought back fond memories of days gone by, good folks one-and-all. Congratulations on your 10, JD.
christopher

Post by christopher »

All the very best on ten years. What date did Spyderville go live? Anyone know for sure?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

christopher wrote:All the very best on ten years. What date did Spyderville go live? Anyone know for sure?
I believe this is the oldest thread here and, if that's true, then the forum went live in early May of 2000.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
christopher

Post by christopher »

Sounds about right. Thanks Deacon.
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

Thanks a lot, JD, for ten faithful years here on the forums and lots of contributions to my beloved "Golden Age of Spydercos"!
Keep up the excellent work, can't wait for your 10,000th post.

Marcus
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Congratulations JD. I hit my 10 year mark last month as well. Obviously, I've been far less of a contributor than you over the intervening years, but I'm always here behind the scenes reading and watching.