Anyone else remember Knivesinedc's knife challenges?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Invective

Anyone else remember Knivesinedc's knife challenges?

Post by Invective »

If not here are a few of his older threads to get re-acquainted with.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =challenge" target="_blank

I noticed he hasn't posted a challenge in quite a few months and I thought of one I would like to try and figured I would post it to see if anyone else would like to join in.

So without any further ado, the criteria for my carry this upcoming week will be ...

Full Serrations!!

My main carry all next week will be a full SE Spydie, since I have no other brands with full serrations. This leaves my pool of knives as just a MeerKat Reverse S, a Millie, a Worker, and a pair of Natives. One of these knives will be in my RFP at all times and will tackle all the cutting that I normally do with a PE.

If you are going to try this as well, let us know how it goes for you!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I will be carrying the MeerKat Reverse S SE primarily because I will be on campus most days and the deep carry clip and small nature of the knife means I will be scrutinized less than if I pull out a full SE Millie :D That'd turn a few heads
xceptnl

Re: Anyone else remember Knivesinedc's knife challenges?

Post by xceptnl »

Invective wrote:If not here are a few of his older threads to get re-acquainted with.

I noticed he hasn't posted a challenge in quite a few months and I thought of one I would like to try and figured I would post it to see if anyone else would like to join in.

So without any further ado, the criteria for my carry this upcoming week will be ...

Full Serrations!!

My main carry all next week will be a full SE Spydie, since I have no other brands with full serrations. This leaves my pool of knives as just a MeerKat Reverse S, a Millie, a Worker, and a pair of Natives. One of these knives will be in my RFP at all times and will tackle all the cutting that I normally do with a PE.

If you are going to try this as well, let us know how it goes for you!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I will be carrying the MeerKat Reverse S SE primarily because I will be on campus most days and the deep carry clip and small nature of the knife means I will be scrutinized less than if I pull out a full SE Millie :D That'd turn a few heads
Ironically, I am carrying the same combo this week that I posted on the no sharpening challenge.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 08#p928908" target="_blank
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Invective

Post by Invective »

xceptnl wrote:
Ironically, I am carrying the same combo this week that I posted on the no sharpening challenge.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 08#p928908" target="_blank
Well I know if I had a Z-Wear SnG I wouldn't stop EDCing that for one second :p

So it's understandable!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Challenge accepted. :) I already edc a Ladybug SE, so this shouldn't be too bad.
paladin

Post by paladin »

haha...just wait till the Pink Native challenge rolls around!!!
Last edited by paladin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Invective

Post by Invective »

paladin wrote:haha...just wait till the Pink Native challenge rolls around!!!
I haven't got that one, but do have a Pink Lum will that work!?!?
paladin

Post by paladin »

Invective wrote:
paladin wrote:haha...just wait till the Pink Native challenge rolls around!!!
I haven't got that one, but do have a Pink Lum will that work!?!?
I was being flippant in my previous posting, but upon reflection that might not be a bad challenge for October a.k.a. Breast Cancer Awareness Month :)

No intent to hijack your original challenge, Invective :o ...thanks for reviving the "challenge" theme! :spyder: :D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Thanks alot, you made me order a yellow tasman, will be my first SE spydie, I think I may need an intervention :eek:
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Hey Invective! thanks for the revival of challenges! I haven't been on the forums for awhile other than to ask a few questions, because of my very busy schedule. But I will be taking part of this challenge reviving and using my Native black blade and my blue UKPK Se. See you around! -Jake-

P.S scratch that. looks like my UKPK and Native are in need of maintenance. I guess ill just have to buy a new full Se model till I can get my native and UKPK back in action. ;)
Invective

Post by Invective »

paladin wrote:I was being flippant in my previous posting, but upon reflection that might not be a bad challenge for October a.k.a. Breast Cancer Awareness Month :)

No intent to hijack your original challenge, Invective :o ...thanks for reviving the "challenge" theme! :spyder: :D
No problems, we need more of these challenges! I've got a few more ideas but I would love to hear some that you guys are able to come up with! And Last year I carried my Lum Chinese exclusively during October but this year I am back in school so can't be carrying a conspicuous knife like that :D

farnorthdan wrote:Thanks alot, you made me order a yellow tasman, will be my first SE spydie, I think I may need an intervention :eek:
Glad I could help :p I myself thought about getting a few other knives for this challenge as well but didn't have a chance to get to the gun shop I like to buy from.
Knivesinedc wrote:Hey Invective! thanks for the revival of challenges! I haven't been on the forums for awhile other than to ask a few questions, because of my very busy schedule. But I will be taking part of this challenge reviving and using my Native black blade and my blue UKPK Se. See you around! -Jake-

P.S scratch that. looks like my UKPK and Native are in need of maintenance. I guess ill just have to buy a new full Se model till I can get my native and UKPK back in action. ;)
Well I've heard worse excuses to buy new knives! I made sure to sharpen all my SE before writing up this challenge haha. The difference between the AUS-6 of the MeerKat and the 440V of the Natives and Millie is astounding! And glad to see you back on the forums, hope the schedule clears up! Funny coincidence that you came back in time for this!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Easy... Will carry this.

Then I'll do it again with my shirogorov ;)
Invective

Post by Invective »

So quick two day review, I haven't felt the need for a PE yet but my cutting requirements have just been a few tags on clothes, mail and the plastic bag the newspaper comes in one morning. So far all is going well