What Are You Watching?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Watching more Stargate SG-1. It has definitely become my favourite Sci-Fi show to date, and incidentally you can see at least a couple of Spyderco knives in every season...not the reason I watch it, but a happy coincidence nonetheless.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Almost done with the first season of Helix. It's decent, but I don't know that I'll make the effort to watch season 2. As soon as I finish the next, and final, episode of season 1, I'll have to figure out if I want to watch Fargo, Halt and Catch Fire, or The Strain. So many options...
3rdGenRigger wrote:Watching more Stargate SG-1. It has definitely become my favourite Sci-Fi show to date, and incidentally you can see at least a couple of Spyderco knives in every season...not the reason I watch it, but a happy coincidence nonetheless.
I haven't seen the show yet, but had the pleasure of working with Christopher Judge (Teal'c) last month. He's just a fantastic person and kept making everyone laugh. I also grew up watching Richard Dean Anderson when he was on MacGyver, so SG-1 has long been on my "to watch" list.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Yeah all 10 seasons of SG-1 are on Canadian Netflix (Probably due to Canadian content laws which dictate a certain amount of Canadian programming and a lot of the show is filmed in and around Vancouver), and when I'm in the US I can't watch it...overall though you guys have a LOT more content to pick through. If you're clever with a computer you should be able to change your IP address...a few friends and family of mine have done so (I haven't yet)to access US content, and I'm sure it could work in reverse.

---> Branden
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

3rdGenRigger wrote:Yeah all 10 seasons of SG-1 are on Canadian Netflix (Probably due to Canadian content laws which dictate a certain amount of Canadian programming and a lot of the show is filmed in and around Vancouver), and when I'm in the US I can't watch it...overall though you guys have a LOT more content to pick through. If you're clever with a computer you should be able to change your IP address...a few friends and family of mine have done so (I haven't yet)to access US content, and I'm sure it could work in reverse.
Amazon Prime has it on their streaming (as well as Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, and a couple of the made-for-TV Stargate movies), so I can just watch it there. Between Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, I really don't even watch much television anymore! And when I do watch a new show, they tend to cancel it after a season or two (grrrr...Almost Human...Firefly...Pushing Daisies) :mad:
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

jabba359 wrote:Almost done with the first season of Helix. It's decent, but I don't know that I'll make the effort to watch season 2. As soon as I finish the next, and final, episode of season 1, I'll have to figure out if I want to watch Fargo, Halt and Catch Fire, or The Strain. So many options...
I really enjoyed Fargo, if you liked the original movie then you'll like this series.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Disney "Bears" w/ Sky, Scout&Amber.
jennecarter

Re: What Are You Watching?

Post by jennecarter »

Blue Ruin. Very very intense.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Currently: House of Cards, Criminal Minds and The Walking Dead.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The ocean

#OBX ;)

Ken
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Enjoying Jeff Beck: Live from Ronnie Scott's (London). I have seriously seen this dozens of times and it never seems to get old. I'm working through the late night so I guess this qualifies for listening rather than watching, but you get it.

EDIT. Found it on the tube as well to share with those that may not know what they are missing.

Last edited by xceptnl on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

kbuzbee wrote:The ocean

#OBX ;)

Ken
Ken, I am headed to the OBX on Wednesday. If you happen to be close I'll buy you a beer. Can't wait to see that view.
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

kbuzbee wrote:The ocean

#OBX ;)

Ken
Good for you. I am jealous :)
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Hey Landon, cool. Where are you staying? We're down in Nags Head. Weather is perfect!

Thanks Roman, but your turn is coming, brother. Soon.

Cheers,

Ken
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

kbuzbee wrote:Hey Landon, cool. Where are you staying? We're down in Nags Head. Weather is perfect!

Cheers,

Ken
We will be in Emerald Isle. Just about as far into the SOBX as you can go. Any further and you are in Camp Lejeune. Only about 180 miles between us so perhaps that beer will have to wait for another time :) How is the surf there? I hope to get lots of fishing time in.
*Landon*
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Yeah, you're south of Hatteras then. Yeah, quite a ways. Nice area though.

Surf was excellent the first few days but really came down today. Barely rollers right now. Wind was NE @ 20 knots, now it's SW @5....

Have a great time!

Ken
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I'm watching "Boss", a TV series on Netflix. Not sure who originally aired it but it's not too bad, and Kelsey Grammer really plays a good "bad guy".
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

SOA from season 1
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

---> Branden
remnar

Re:

Post by remnar »

3rdGenRigger wrote:Watching more Stargate SG-1. It has definitely become my favourite Sci-Fi show to date, and incidentally you can see at least a couple of Spyderco knives in every season...not the reason I watch it, but a happy coincidence nonetheless.
I just finished season 7. I got my wife and son hooked on the series. :D
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

The first 8 are better than the last two, but the last two are still good.

---> Branden