Who is keithkevinken?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Crux

Who is keithkevinken?

Post by Crux »

And why does he make me buy knives I don't need? I've been watching him for a long time and I think he's vexing me. Great reviews if you haven't seen them. This is what he did to me. :(

Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
murphjd25

Re: Who is keithkevinken?

Post by murphjd25 »

Haha he’s been responsible for a couple of my last purchases too. He’s got way to many knives!!
Josh
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Love his entusiasme and i have watched loads of his videos, i wouldn't call them reviews as he can't say a bad thing about anything with an edge.
But They are Great if you want to feel Good about your latest purchase.
I would love to see him do a "review" on a disposable plastic knife, i imagine he'd carress and sweet talk it like it where a Custom.
He is the only YouTuber i found thats exlusively positive, keep it up Keith.
Nice knife Crux
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Same here, not a fan of the guy. Any of us could do the same "reviews" as him. He talks about how much he loves a particular knife and how long he's been waiting for it (Embassy this week) Guarantee he will have it in his pocket dump next week. I stopped watching him a while ago, for the same reasons stated above...HE LOVES EVERYTHING! Just flips his knife around a bunch of times, rubs it, rambles and rambles and then it's done. Killer collection and must have a great job, but the guy is whack in terms of a reviewer.
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 am
Same here, not a fan of the guy. Any of us could do the same "reviews" as him. He talks about how much he loves a particular knife and how long he's been waiting for it (autonomy 2 this week) Guarantee he will have it in his pocket dump next week. I stopped watching him a while ago, for the same reasons stated above...HE LOVES EVERYTHING! Just flips his knife around a bunch of times, rubs it, rambles and rambles and then it's done. Killer collection and must have a great job, but the guy is whack in terms of a reviewer.
I'm in the middle somewhere! I use his channel as a resource to see the new knives before I make a decision to buy. I don't have a physical store locally that I can handle in person. His intro goes to my spine... so I usually mute the sound and watch in silence.

But I do think he has his place and is a fellow knife aficionado/nut. He also seems like a good guy!

James
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Crux wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:19 pm
And why does he make me buy knives I don't need? I've been watching him for a long time and I think he's vexing me. Great reviews if you haven't seen them. This is what he did to me. :(

Holy HOLLOW GRIND!!! BATMAN!!! :eek: That is one super cool looking tactical blade. That looks like a high tech, hybrid of a Spyderco C-60 Ayoob and a Spyderco Szabo folder>> but none the less I love the looks of that bad boy :cool: :cool:

If Spyderco would make one of those in PE and/or SE both I would quit my crying and belly-aching for another C-60 Ayoob model ( well at least for a couple of months anyway :D :rolleyes: ). Man that is Tactical with a capital T for sure :cool:
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

He’s an enthusiastic knife owner who likes to share his knives. I like him far better than the critical at all costs knife know-it-alls who can’t shut up.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:11 pm
He’s an enthusiastic knife owner who likes to share his knives. I like him far better than the critical at all costs knife know-it-alls who can’t shut up.
But...at least some of them get into details on the functionality of the knife, how it operates or how to take it apart, or god forbid actually use it! I do appreciate getting a first look at the knives that he posts so quickly once he receives them, but for me he's normally muted if I watch any of his videos. I just want to see how they look in hand if it's an entirely new model. Though his thumbs creep me out for some reason haha.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I've seen one of his videos. I prefer Cedric & Ada outdoors. He gets into actual knife function and use.

Plus I like that Australian accent. :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I love his enthusiasm and it's a great way to see a new release. Call me crazy but I don't need to watch someone else "use" a knife. Knowing the blade specs ought to give you an idea of performance.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

How you doin?....HOWWW YOU DOIN?.....
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:17 pm
Call me crazy but I don't need to watch someone else "use" a knife. Knowing the blade specs ought to give you an idea of performance.

That's true, but sometimes new insights arise after using a knife for a few weeks.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Crux

Post by Crux »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:49 pm
How you doin?....HOWWW YOU DOIN?.....
His entro is a little annoying, but I see see a lot of reviews of knives that I normally wouldn't. I'm not sure that's a good thing. With that said I've bought WAY more knives due to being on this forum. Knives are like crack. Well if crack was made out of steel with a sharp edge as well as a comfortable handle, but you know what I mean :) .
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: