Scooters

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Re: Scooters

Post by Evil D »

First thing that came to mind
https://youtu.be/KhdgpAEYtJI

I always wanted to put a 2 stroke dirt bike engine on one. I'd imagine a 125 or so would really be fun.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Hahahaha! Thank God mine is a bit faster than that. Around here, at 70MPH (120 KPH) I am usually the fastest one on the road. I do not know about those little 50cc or 80cc scooters. Too small for me.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I love these guys ... they really capture the fun of these small capacity machines.

https://youtu.be/9BHimm_C8yM
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 am
I love these guys ... they really capture the fun of these small capacity machines.

I would imagine some terrain would be easier on a scooter as long as you have the power and suspension travel to get through it, since they're lighter and lower center of gravity.

In related news if you guys haven't seen the Long Way 'Round documentary you need to, it's awesome.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:12 pm
ChrisinHove wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 am

I would imagine some terrain would be easier on a scooter as long as you have the power and suspension travel to get through it, since they're lighter and lower center of gravity.

In related news if you guys haven't seen the Long Way 'Round documentary you need to, it's awesome.
That was a great programme. It was so popular that Charlie Boorman seems to have given up acting and lives as a “professional motorcycling celebrity” which must be as good as it gets! He’s always happy to stop and chat at bike shows.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

A friend of mine bought a Honda Grom last year, fun little bike, but he has already fallen into the bottomless hole of upgrading, pimping it out and buying accessories :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Mine has been pimped out, but I did not do it, the previous owner did. He put a ton of money into the scooter and did not even bother to change the oil. Go figure. The only thing he did that I like is to put risers on the handle bars to improve (for me) the riding position.

You can spend a small fortune pimping a scooter or motorcycle. I am not tempted in that direction because if I spend my money doing that I cannot buy Spyderco knives. :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

So true. Tons of cash for a small amount of extra performance and added unreliability. On the up-side, you learn loads! Mostly not to do it again....