Sandwiches....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

What do you put in a sandwich

Turkey
13%
Ham
11%
Chicken
3%
Other meats
10%
Mayo
11%
Lettuce
15%
Tomato
13%
Ketchup
No votes
Mustard
13%
Other
10%

Total votes: 99

Tyrdle

Sandwiches....

Post by Tyrdle »

I'm hungry now...
:spyder: Turtles can have knives too, right? :spyder:
Aus-8 Delica 1 ATS-55 Endura UK Penknife
Positron Mamba Blurple PM2
SpyderNut

Re: Sandwiches....

Post by SpyderNut »

Ham sandwich is the only way to fly. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
awa54

Post by awa54 »

everybody loves lettuce....
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

French dip for the win with a Reuben coming in at a close second.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Lol lettuce is the winner
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I like Watercress Sandwiches! Nothing fancy, crusty bread, butter and Watercress and I'm partial to an Aussie Steak Sanga too!
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
bearfacedkiller

No Vegemite? You come from the land down under? :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

bearfacedkiller wrote:No Vegemite? You come from the land down under? :D
Ah, hahaha! Darby, you won't believe!

Beloved wife makes me vegemite sandwiches a couple of times a week for work, anyhow I get sick of them and sometimes I either give them away or I just toss them. Anyhow, I forgot to dispose of yesterday’s sanga and beloved wife actually found it this morning and went to lengths to explain she goes to a lot of trouble to make my lunch and the least I could do was eat it! Ah, hahaha! 100% true! :D
bearfacedkiller

Ha, the stereotyope here is sort of that all Aussies like it and eat it all the time but I dont think that is quite true. :D

I am actually quite the adventurous eater and there is almost nothing I don't like. While I haven't had Vegemite I have had Marmite and you can buy it here in the states. I think they are the same? It is certainly interesting and while I do like it I would get sick of it pretty quick if I ate it a few times a week. I'll stick with peanut butter and honey sandwiches myself. :)
-Darby
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Pb&j
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Marmite is the English version of Vegimite but I've never tried it. As you may know Vegemite is made from yeast extract. If you have a Vegemite sanga and someone asks what's on your sandwich you'd answer, Beer! :cool:

I'm quite partial to peanut butter and honey! :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ham (around here it's Schad's Old Fashioned ham), cheese (usually just American, but specifically Land O Lakes America, otherwise pepper jack), real mayo (Helman's), lettuce (green leaf or Romain, I can't take you seriously if you use iceberg), tomato (Roma), onion (red, sliced very thin but use an entire slice), banana peppers (mild or hot), salt and pepper on a high quality whole grain wheat bread. Whole garlic dill pickle on the side.

Mmmm
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Mmm Katz deli sandwich
Reject

Post by Reject »

https://youtu.be/CcaSG276t5w
How much can a Koala bear?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Beef! "It's what's for dinner." (though it is pricey here, so I do not get it often)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Pastrami, corned beef, roast beef, hard salami, genoa salami, Lebanon bologna (which is not really bologna at all) German bologna, ham, turkey, tuna salad, crab salad, or egg salad. Not all together, of course, although some of them mix well with others. Bacon lettuce and tomato, or bacon and fried egg, or bacon and peanut butter, or bacon and banana, or bacon, peanut butter and banana, or bacon and cream cheese. Peanut butter and bacon, jelly, or banana.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Reject wrote:https://youtu.be/CcaSG276t5w
Ah, hahaha! Hello mate!

You just took me back 50 odd years! :cool:
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Now you're talking! I like good sandwiches. Turkey is one of my favorites, alongside pastrami and ham and cheeses, veggies, and exotic materials such as Beef Toungue. I know it sounds strange but yes, beef toungue is a traditional Jewish sandwich base. I have never had Vegemite and Marmite (Marmite is the New Zealander/Kiwi version of Aussie Vegemite, right?) but I have had the "vegan and vegetarian" replacements for meat: seitan, tofu based stuff, textured vegetable proteins, and the like. Mmmmm Sandwiches. Next someone'll have to make a topic of SOUPS :)

By the way, how does one define a "Sandwich"? I heard there is a controversy because some dictionary definitions of sandwich are simply two pieces of bread with filling in between, be it meat or nonmeat. But that would include a lot of things that are not traditionally called sandwiches: Is a hot dog a sandwich? It has meat between a folded over bun that can be considered two pieces of bread. What about an Open Sandwich with only one slide of bread?
And then you get into all the pocket pouch foods like Hot Pockets, Pizza Rolls, Wontons, Raviollis, etc.

Is a burrito a sandwich? Or if you take flat bread and put meat inside it?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:By the way, how does one define a "Sandwich"? I heard there is a controversy because some dictionary definitions of sandwich are simply two pieces of bread with filling in between, be it meat or nonmeat. But that would include a lot of things that are not traditionally called sandwiches: Is a hot dog a sandwich? It has meat between a folded over bun that can be considered two pieces of bread. What about an Open Sandwich with only one slide of bread?
And then you get into all the pocket pouch foods like Hot Pockets, Pizza Rolls, Wontons, Raviollis, etc.

Is a burrito a sandwich? Or if you take flat bread and put meat inside it?
You can go by the dictionary definition, or define it any way that works for you. Either way, folks are going to argue that you're wrong.

As an example, my personal definition of a sandwich is bread + "something". So, for me, an open face sandwich would be a sandwich, as would a dagwood. On the other hand, buns, rolls, and bagels, among other things, are not "bread". A hot dog or hamburger on a bun is just that "something" on a bun. A hero/hoagie/grinder/sub is just that, as is fried egg on a roll or a bagel with cream cheese. Hot Pockets and Pizza Rolls are sad caricatures of food, and the rest of the items you mentioned are what they are. Will everyone agree, heck no. Do I care, not one iota.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I'm a fan of a good old turkey and ham sandwich with lettuce and a bowl of soup... but, I did select, "Other Meats"...

...I'm also a fan of a hot meatloaf sandwich with mash potatoes and gravy as a side dish. There was a deli I used to frequent that did a wonderful hot meatloaf sandwich, and over the years the taste, quality, and quantity of that sandwich didn't change.

I also like sliced fried Spam on wheat bread.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!