Negligent discharge

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
W7H2O

Re: Negligent discharge

Post by W7H2O »

A lot of good tips in this thread. I always say its a ND until proven otherwise.

Dry firing is a good way to develope muscle memory and know your weapon intimately. I always treat a weapon as loaded.
If I am not going to fire it, play/fondle it or dry fire ... I clear it properly first. The more you dry fire, the more confidence you get. Do that at home and later find someone to critique you.

If someone hands their cleared weapon to you to "check it out", clear it again, right in front of them ...also should go vice versa.

Treat your ND as a humbling lesson and learn from it.
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

When I read the OP entry I was thinking about the Taxi Driver movie "you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one ...
LOL
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

W7H2O wrote:When I read the OP entry I was thinking about the Taxi Driver movie "you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one ...
LOL

LOL, I SWEAR though I was not acting like a hard *** in the mirror. The only reason I was even in front of it was to look for printing, and when I pulled it out I just held it straight out as you would do any time you shoot. The whole story is that much more embarrassing when you realize it looks like you were playing hard *** in the mirror lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

LOL OK. That's a cool movie though.
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

Deleted - I should refresh before posting.