Whatever happened to Jackknifeh?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Whatever happened to Jackknifeh?

Post by Doc Dan »

Whatever happened to Jackknifeh? I no longer see him hanging around.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
rodloos

Re: Whatever happened to Jackknifeh?

Post by rodloos »

I was just wondering about that the other day. I miss his participation around here. Hope he is OK and just busy.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't wanna speak for Jack, but I did see a post on EDC about losing interest in all his knives except some SAKs. Everyone gets burned out. I think he'll be back eventually.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I hope he returns, too.

I appreciate the forum and the discussion and chat and friendship of you all. I want everyone here to know that.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah I was looking at a couple of older threads the past two days and I was wondering that myself. I've talked to Jack off line a few times and he is a stand up guy and I do hope all is well with him. He is a great contributor to the Forum and I do hope we see him back soon.

I'll be the first to tell you that there are times when life's obligations get overwhelming you just have to give attention to other issues. I've had to take 2 to 3 month time off periods myself because of priorities that take precedence over my fun-time hobbies>> and I would be willing to bet that Jack is going to be back soon.

It's a tough time economically for a lot of people and that alone can take up a lot of your time. But I'm sure he will be back soon.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I noticed him missing too. Haven't seen Xceptnl here for a long time too, unfortunately. :(
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Yeah, where is he?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Maybe we should email them and find out if they are ok?

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:I noticed him missing too. Haven't seen Xceptnl here for a long time too, unfortunately. :(
Yeah I was wondering about Landon myself. Now I think he's been gone a little longer than Jack has but let's hope that both guys will be back soon. Both guys are great Spyderville citizens and we need more members like them for sure.

I also miss a lot of the older Guys who really made Spyderville great too like Daywalker, Hannibal Lecter M.D., David Lowry, Ghostrider who is really a great long time contributor and my fellow Ayoob enthusiast Mark Greenman :cool:

Hey guys!! it's high time you got back here and attended to your Spyderville duties!! You all have had enough time off and it's high time to get your priorities in order :cool: Not to mention our dear ladies like SIMONA, The Knife Collector and our most esteemed Agent Starling>> the Hawkbill lady.

TIME TO COME BACK YOU ALL!!!!! :cool:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Have been in contact with knife designer Daywalker, the esteem Dr. Hannibal Lecter, and master lanyard maker Ghostrider... even had a banter on 'LinkedIn' with my good old friend and king of the ronins...Zenheritic recently...I can tell you this they all are well, but very busy with life...but they are out there... and I pretty sure if they had the time they would want to be here with us. I believe Just thinking about these people we miss, saying their forum names in our head, remembering former threads and times spent here conversing.... sends out powerful energy in the Universe....and that connection is made, and I know they feel it... I know I felt it when I was MIA for this forum for awhile. Like JD says "TIME TO COME BACK YOU ALL!!!!! :cool: "

PS I too hope Jackknifeh, Xceptnl, David, Mark and the Hawkbill Ladies are all doing well.
Doc:)
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Was wondering about Jack the other day as well, when I dug up some old threads that he was posting in not long ago...

I'd imagine everyone needs to take some breaks every now and again. I do with all my different interests, so I don't spread myself too thin and get burnt. Come summer I may not post as regularly on these forums because I'll be busier with other things.

Just hope this is the case, and not other unfortunate reasons.
Going back to Caly.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

SpyderNut wrote:I noticed him missing too. Haven't seen Xceptnl here for a long time too, unfortunately. :(
Landon said he's been REAL busy with life and family stuff lately, but he hopes to be back some day. I see him on Instagram every once in a while. Can't speak for Jack. Last I talked to him, he sent me his 2x8 UF stone because he didn't want it. Real nice guy. Hope to see him back soon.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

That was the last I heard from him anyway.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Over the years I've noticed that there are not many SPYDERVILLE citizens that completely jump ship and never return. The ones that I do know have quit completely you can count on one hand. I'm just holding out hope that lady SIMONA will return at some point. Her photo threads were fabulous and her knowledge of the GOLDEN CO USA made Spyders was great i.e. especially the GUNTING models :cool: Now that I think about it we really haven't been seeing much of "Dialex" here recently either.

I have no doubt that we'll be seeing Jack & Landon and a few others who have taken a leave of absence to shortly return. Again sometimes life's obligations get overwhelming and there are things you must put in proper priority.

But I can also say this>> I only know of one case where someone ended up liking another brand of knife was the reason that they bailed out>> and I highly doubt if that's the case with Jack & Landon. I'm just glad both of them are A-OK and I'm sure we'll be seeing their return shortly.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Evil D wrote:I don't wanna speak for Jack, but I did see a post on EDC about losing interest in all his knives except some SAKs. Everyone gets burned out. I think he'll be back eventually.
That's interesting. I think it happens quite a lot on all these hobby forums.

A lot of the people who seem to be around forever are actually in the business one way or another.
mattman

Post by mattman »

I was wondering the same thing about Jack...

Hope all is well with him.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

shunsui wrote:
Evil D wrote:I don't wanna speak for Jack, but I did see a post on EDC about losing interest in all his knives except some SAKs. Everyone gets burned out. I think he'll be back eventually.
That's interesting. I think it happens quite a lot on all these hobby forums.

A lot of the people who seem to be around forever are actually in the business one way or another.
Yeah, it's just how it goes with hobbies in general. There are so many forums I used to be a frequent poster on that I got out of that particular reason for going there and I'm sure this question was asked about me (or so I hope I made that kind of impression lol). It's unfortunate but also the trend. If you really wanna get to know people more than just on a forum basis, you need to expand on the communication more, to social media like Facebook etc.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David