Denver is heading to the Super Bowl!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderNut

Denver is heading to the Super Bowl!

Post by SpyderNut »

YEEEEAAAAH!!! Man, I am so stinking tickled right now. Not only are the Broncos heading to the SB, but they also beat the Pats! :D :D :D Woot!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
hoimin

Re: Denver is heading to the Super Bowl!

Post by hoimin »

I have no horse in this race, but I'm a Peyton Manning fan. Also a Spyderco fan! So naturally, I will be cheering for the good guys next next weekend.

What a crazy finish to that game too.
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

:( dang
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I am in a quandary over this one. It will likely be Manning's last game so I want to root for the Broncos. On the other hand the Panthers are sort of in my area of the country. Yet, Newton has a long career ahead of him and Peyton is going out. I think I will root for Manning in the final analysis and hope he goes out on top.

(I am not sure the Colts fully appreciate that they had two of the best ever and let one go too soon...Unitas and Manning)
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Doc Dan wrote:I am in a quandary over this one. It will likely be Manning's last game so I want to root for the Broncos. On the other hand the Panthers are sort of in my area of the country. Yet, Newton has a long career ahead of him and Peyton is going out. I think I will root for Manning in the final analysis and hope he goes out on top.

(I am not sure the Colts fully appreciate that they had two of the best ever and let one go too soon...Unitas and Manning)
I hear you regarding Manning. :( There were a lot of despondent people here in Indiana back when Manning left for Denver. Sad times. However, I am just glad to see that he's been able to work through his medical issues/injuries and stay pretty darn competitive since he left the Colts. It helps that Denver has some pretty decent defense too. ;) I have respect for Luck and the Colts, but I am still a fan of Manning. :)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Boo!!!!! Just kidding. Good luck Donkey fans. :D

I have the unfortunate luck of being a Pats fan in Bronco country.

We are gonna be in the race again next year.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Boo!!!!! Just kidding. Good luck Donkey fans. :D

I have the unfortunate luck of being a Pats fan... :p

We are gonna be in the race again next year.
Hahaha! Btw, I fixed that for ya. ;) :D

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Denver is heading to the Super Bowl no doubt.....but they ain't gonna win!.... :p Doc :p and I'm a Browns Fan and a Falcons Fan....so what do I know.....lol
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

I'm a Transplant from New Jersey to GOLDEN COLORADO since way back in 1966. Have had some pretty cool relationships and interactions, professional and personal with a number of Broncos players; all of which have since retired.

Pretty much like other teams, to one degree or another --
-- You can take the Man out of the Broncos, but not always the converse -- especially the many 'Lifers' that choose Colorado as Home for themselves and their families -- following on through life, post- career!! :-)

I'm expecting one heck of a game -- despite being the under dog. I strongly hope and believe there will be Rocky Mountain Magic Alive and Well on this Great Occasion, SUPERBOWL FIFTY!!

-- On the matter of Bronco Pride -- I am no Fair Weather Sports Fan, like some I know and have known over the years. I have True Blue and Orange coursing through my veins -- and have from before playing High School Ball (LAKEWOOD TIGERS) :D and ever since.
Win or Lose, I am true to my team down to the Final Play of the Game.

....So to Peyton Manning & the entire BALL CLUB ORGANIZATION... all the way out to the 'Twelfth Man' Significance:

GO

BRONCOS!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:spyder: :spyder: Stay Sharp --
-- SB / BRUCE :cool: :cool:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I'm rooting for the Denver Panthers!!!! That's what my hat says......again what do I know!!!!....Doc:)
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

!!!!!!!! Congrats Denver (and Peyton Manning!)!!!!!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

They made that look easy.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I'm rooting for the Denver Panthers!!!! That's what my hat says......again what do I know!!!!....Doc:)

Ha hahaha Doc -- you crack me up, my friend -- even after the contest in which you erred just a bit in outcome prediction -- Hey, I'm glad your prediction was Wrong, Brutha :D :D
-- otherwise I'd have taken my Broncos Jersey off long before now (... Eddie McCaffrey, #87..Wide Receiver dating to the other Superbowl wins of the 90's and Ring Of Famer. :cool: )

EPIC WIN --
PARRR -TAY!!!!
:) :)

SB / Bruce :spyder: :spyder:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

SkullBouncer wrote:
Dr. Snubnose wrote:I'm rooting for the Denver Panthers!!!! That's what my hat says......again what do I know!!!!....Doc:)

Ha hahaha Doc -- you crack me up, my friend -- even after the contest in which you erred just a bit in outcome prediction -- Hey, I'm glad your prediction was Wrong, Brutha :D :D
-- otherwise I'd have taken my Broncos Jersey off long before now (... Eddie McCaffrey, #87..Wide Receiver dating to the other Superbowl wins of the 90's and Ring Of Famer. :cool: )

EPIC WIN --
PARRR -TAY!!!!
:) :)

SB / Bruce :spyder: :spyder:
LOL...Glad I didn't have a Horse in this race....That said...I'm Happy that Peyton goes out a winner...he deserves that for sure!...Doc:)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

My Brother for years has said that "Strong Defenses" win championships. Actually I can think of a few exceptions but not that many>> the 1999-2000 St. Louis Rams certainly defied that rule :eek: But the defensive clinic that Denver's Big Three i.e. Miller, Jackson & Ware demonstrated yesterday is one of the best Defense shows I can remember in recent times.

The 1985 Chicago Bears and the 2000 Baltimore Ravens were probably the only defensive units I can remember that were indeed better yet. That's one thing that my dear Kansas City Chiefs are showing promise is with their rising defense.

Cam Newton truly laid an egg yesterday :o the entire team seemed completely out of sync :rolleyes: Oh Cam will be back next year and I'm sure he'll have a sterling career but he sure got a lesson in "DEFENSE" yesterday that he won't forget anytime soon :rolleyes:

I will say that like my pal DOC I didn't really have a dog in the fight either because I'm certainly not a fan of either team at all>> but I will admit that it was one of the more nail biting Superbowls I can remember in recent history. I'm sure the game of NFL football will profit from it>> also I predict that Peyton Manning will be back next year. He's just too much like Brett Favre to ride off into the sunset when he's got gas left in the tank ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I'm really happy that Denver pulled it off. Man, it just seems quite appropriate for a SB win on Peyton's likely last ever game. Well done, guys!

GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Go Broncos!

I watched the game with a half dozen orange Spydies in my pockets...
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Go Broncos!

I watched the game with a half dozen orange Spydies in my pockets...
Somehow I can envision that!!!! LOL....Doc:)