Anybody seen any Good Movies Lately?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: Anybody seen any Good Movies Lately?

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey DOC speaking of Stanley Kubrick and his genius cinema works let's don't forget some of his other brilliant stuff like "FULL METAL JACKET", 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY as well as "THE SHINING :eek: " "Here's Johnny!!! :eek: :D >> what would we do without good ol Jack Nicholson :rolleyes: .

But CLOCKWORK ORANGE was truly one of the most unique movies I ever saw in my life. And it's so strange that it goes all the way back to 1971>> I bet a lot of people back then had no idea or very little idea what the jest of the movie was all about>> it's also creepy in many ways that our current society reflects a lot of what that movie predicted.

OH yes Jame's Caan's original ROLLERBALL :cool: I rent that movie about once a year and show it to friends that haven't seen it before and almost all of them say how that movie reflects a lot of what our corporately controlled society has become in the past few years. There certainly were a lot of insightful movies during the era of the 1970s and 80s too for that matter.
Camburt

Post by Camburt »

Django Unchained, Noah, Gravity, Terminator:Salvation, Kungfu Hustle...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Just saw "Everest" for the first time a few weeks ago. Amazing what those people went through... Simply incredible.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Recently watched Black Mass, Bridge of Spies and Sicario. All worth a watch but I thought Black Mass was the best.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Legend- the new Kray Brothers biopic is good fun- if a bit harrowing in places, not to be confused with the 80s fantasy movie with Tim Curry as 'Definately-not-Satan'
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Just watched the Martian. :D

Really liked it a lot, seemed to be very realistic, had some humor too.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

The Martian is really good fun.

Just saw Deadpool last night.... it lives up to the hype. CHIMICHANGAS!
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

demoncase wrote:The Martian is really good fun.

On my way to see Deadpool now. I'm unsure if i'll like it since i'm not a fan of ryan reynolds.

Bridge of Spies was good, saw it last week. Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks. Good combo.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

demoncase wrote:The Martian is really good fun.

Disco music for 2 years... :eek:

Have Everest here, haven't watched it yet though.

Just watched The Eiger Sanction again, one of my favorite movies. :)