What Are You Watching?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kiwisailor

Re: What Are You Watching?

Post by kiwisailor »

Game of Thrones for some (lots) of gratuitous six and violence.
British History at it's best (or worst)
Just don't get attached to any of the Actors, they won't be around for long.
If you are into cutlery, it is the bees knees..
K
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Just watched "it follows" .... Interesting idea to say the least.... not my top pick for movies though.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

"House"

(The episode where a genius decides to live like an ordinary man, and House gets invited to Thanksgiving dinner. But it turns out he wasn't.)
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

kiwisailor wrote:Game of Thrones for some (lots) of gratuitous six and violence.
British History at it's best (or worst)
Just don't get attached to any of the Actors, they won't be around for long.
If you are into cutlery, it is the bees knees..
K
Good choice- However~
While it does- broadly- start out a little like The War Of The Roses (1455-1485), I guess high school history skipped over the bits with the walking corpses, 'nourmous freaking dragons and the 100 foot tall wall of ice running from Carlisle to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne....

I mean- if it had- it's probable I wouldn't have done Biology, Chemistry and Physics at A-Level instead of History :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

Demon Case, are you implying it ISN"T true?

Dang, here I was thinking there might be a chance for you to repeal those "Carry Laws " on the grounds of "Ancestral Cultural Rights To Carry Big Knives" :D

I thought the Ice wall melted due to Global Warming. Or you Guys finally woke up to Beer tasting better cool :cool:
K
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

kiwisailor wrote:Demon Case, are you implying it ISN"T true?
I thought the Ice wall melted due to Global Warming. Or you Guys finally woke up to Beer tasting better cool :cool:
K
Possibly. possibly.....My history is hazy between the Fall of the Roman Empire and English Civil War, so maybe I forgot the bit about dragons.

Though,It's a common misconception from you Colonial chaps that we serve beer warm- and anyone putting ice in beer deserves a long stretch in the Nightswatch for punishment.

If you ever visit our green and pleasant land you'll find that beers* are served at the correct temperature for the style- Bitters, milds and stouts are served cool, Ales and IPAs are served cold and lagers are served ice cold....and ciders are practically cryogenic. Unless it's scrumpy, then that's back to cellar- cool again.
Trappist ales and wheat beers are served cold of course.
Indeed- most pubs serving Guinness offer it a two temperatures from two pulls- Cellar Cool or Ice Cold, for you to choose.
Me, I like IPAs at a crisp coldness so I can appreciate the range of flavours as the beer warms to a cool.

The basic chemistry of flavor means that aromas and complexity are masked the colder a beer becomes- Cool is better, but too cold and you miss out on the full flavor range, as your tastebuds are numbed. (Example: Ice cream flavor bases are general so sweet and strong that you wouldn't be able to stand them in the raw form- but when frozen, you can cope with them)

*That's beer, not soapsuds aka Budweiser/Coors/etc...Which you can serve at any temperature you like as I wouldn't even wash my car with it.
I do have a soft spot for Brooklyn Lager though :)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

Gosh D.C. you sure know a lot about Beer.
It has always been a bit of a p1$$ Take Down Under that Northerners, don't know to serve cold beer.
You have proved me wrong. I stand corrected. :o

I certainly agree about Budweiser. I can't even sip it. Just end up with a ice cream headache due to the chemicals.
Good thing there are so many other great beers available now to choose from.
I'm doing a random sample analysis for the benefit of others. :D

Have a cold Guinness for me. OR anything cold . Hot and Humid here in Fiji.
K
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

kiwisailor wrote:Gosh D.C. you sure know a lot about Beer.
It has always been a bit of a p1$$ Take Down Under that Northerners, don't know to serve cold beer.
You have proved me wrong. I stand corrected. :o

I certainly agree about Budweiser. I can't even sip it. Just end up with a ice cream headache due to the chemicals.
Good thing there are so many other great beers available now to choose from.
I'm doing a random sample analysis for the benefit of others. :D

Have a cold Guinness for me. OR anything cold . Hot and Humid here in Fiji.
K
Heh....I resolved a few years ago that life was too short to drink cheap beer, poor bourbon and nasty coffee. :)

We might know how to serve it but no-one knows how to drink it like you lads. :)

Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

"World's Dumbest..."
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Monocrom wrote:"World's Dumbest..."
Aka "Live feed from any Government chamber of representatives you care to mention" :D

SG89

Post by SG89 »

The Leftovers
Fargo
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I've got "Into The Badlands" recording on my DVR, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Anybody watch this yet? I hear it's supposed to be fairly decent.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:I've got "Into The Badlands" recording on my DVR, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Anybody watch this yet? I hear it's supposed to be fairly decent.
I've been watching it, not bad at all, lots of good ninja action.. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:I've got "Into The Badlands" recording on my DVR, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Anybody watch this yet? I hear it's supposed to be fairly decent.
I've been watching it, not bad at all, lots of good ninja action.. :D
Nice! :) I'll look forward to watching this then. Sounds delightful! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

wrong post thread sorry....Doc:)
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Interesting old video.

https://youtu.be/vz2p1SvuYjY
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

"Air Disasters"
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

"Red vs. Blue"

(Fricking hilarious!)
remnar

Post by remnar »

Monocrom wrote:"Red vs. Blue"

(Fricking hilarious!)
I know! I can't believe that I didn't come across it until this year.
remnar

Post by remnar »

remnar wrote:
Monocrom wrote:"Red vs. Blue"

(Fricking hilarious!)
I know! I can't believe that I didn't come across it until this year.
I also discovered how to watch YouTube on my TV using my XBox. I'm so lame. :p