All things fishing

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
endgame

Re: All things fishing

Post by endgame »

JD Spydo wrote:I hope this doesn't deviate from what you guys are chatting about concerning the wonderful hobby of fishing. Other than my hobby of collecting and using Spyderco's great blades I also have a fishing related hobby as well.

I also collect and use and I'm a huge fan of German made "D.A.M. Quick" fishing reels and rods. My late uncle got me hooked on their super high quality fishing reels all the way back to 1975 and I haven't used or bought any other brand of fishing reel since. Just wondering if any of you guys ever used their great fishing reels.

Now I also like fishing equipment made by Penn and Abu Garcia. I used to own several of those before I got seriously hooked on D.A.M. Quick's fine equipment. I haven't fished much in the past 2 years but I'm hoping to do some fishing this fall as I'm finally getting some time off from my demanding job.

I've used a lot of great fishing reels and rods in my lifetime but the German made D.A.M. Quick stuff sure is great. They tend to be more popular on the east coast part of the USA and they also have a big presence up in Canada as well. Their reels just don't wear out. The ones I bought in the 70's I"m still using. Something about superb quality that just grabs me.
I use van staal reals.cause I surf fish.they can be realed underwater and completly covered in sand.they are completely seeled with no bail.best reels money can buy.they are expensive vut have a true lifetime warranty.you send them back every other year to get retuned.surf fishing can kill a real fast with hust one wave sand gets all in the gears.the vanstaal is seeled I sometimes have it underwater when using it.its a spinner with no bail .a bail spring gets rusty fast and breaks at the worst time so this is a great precaution.you want a reel that wo t fail with a 40# to 60# striper in the surf or a 80# a100#+ black drum in the surf .they use the waves against you wile you try the same.pluss I use the larger vanstaal for small yellowfin ,longfin,mahi mahi,bluefish,wahoo,king maceral,and small swords I can put 2000 yards of braided line on it.bigger fish get my penn gold lever grad.I will check these reals out you are talking about.D.A.M