Case xx question

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
adam569

Case xx question

Post by adam569 »

I just bought the yellow handle copperlock best part was it turned out to be the large version. The first thing I noticed was no date marks on top of that the emblem is upside down. I just wanted to know if anybody had encountered this before? It came from a authorized dealer I've bought tons of knives from smoky mountain knife works.I know this ain't the forum for this but it's the only one I'm a member of :)
Recent purchases: orange dragonfly 2, CS exclusive paramilitary2, black g10 large chinese lum :spyder:
Wish list: Manix 2 cruwear, navaja, SB delica and SB Caly 3.5 :spyder:
Top 3 edc : s110v paramilitary2 , orange vg10 dragonfly, and Cruwear military :spyder:
yablanowitz

Re: Case xx question

Post by yablanowitz »

When you say the emblem is upside down, are you talking about the shield in the handle or the tang stamp? As far as date marks go, a clear photo of the tang stamp with the blade at half open would help a lot. Quite often the dots are not visible with the blade fully open.
adam569

Post by adam569 »

Thanks for the help I called it was returned because of sheild. I'm very happy with it Ive been wanting a large one. I have 5 small copperlocks.
Recent purchases: orange dragonfly 2, CS exclusive paramilitary2, black g10 large chinese lum :spyder:
Top 3 edc : s110v paramilitary2 , orange vg10 dragonfly, and Cruwear military :spyder:
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

One of the main complaints I have about Case Knives is that as of about 1987 or so they quit pinning their shields and started gluing them on. Most likely that one fell off and someone glued it on upside down.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

If you want the sweetest little companion for that Large Yellow Copper lock that you have ever had you hands on go to Shepherd Hills Cutlery and order you the item no.02775 Mini Copper lock EZ opener. Just received one today from a close and Dear Friend of mine and that is one nice little knife I'm here to tell youyou
adam569

Post by adam569 »

RanCoWeAla wrote:If you want the sweetest little companion for that Large Yellow Copper lock that you have ever had you hands on go to Shepherd Hills Cutlery and order you the item no.02775 Mini Copper lock EZ opener. Just received one today from a close and Dear Friend of mine and that is one nice little knife I'm here to tell youyou
I will check In to that thank you.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

The little Mini Copper lock would also be the perfect Ladies knife. Sometimes they have just freshly painted their nails or had a manicure and would be afraid of opening a knife due to possibly breaking or chipping a nail. With the easy open cutout you can catch the blade between thumb and forefinger tip on either hand and never ever touch it with a fingernail