What are ya drinkin????

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
remnar

Re: What are ya drinkin????

Post by remnar »

PayneTrain wrote:Dubhe (pronounced "doobie") black IPA by Uinta Brewing Co., SLC, UT. In all my travels I still haven't found a beer I enjoy more than this one. All of Uinta's products are amazing, and I dearly miss living down the road from them. At least they distribute in CT now.

My dog loves it as well. Every sip I take, she feverishly licks my face for any traces of flavor. She has good taste. :)
Payne, The store was out of my usual choice of Hop Villain but I noticed that they had a four pack of Dubhe and remembered your post, so I decided to give it a try. It is excellent! Black IPAs are becoming my favorite beers. If you ever get a chance to try Hop Villain, then you should give it a try. I can't tell you which one I like better without having a side-by-side taste test but I think you would enjoy it. Cheers!

PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I agree! I've always liked dark beers, and grew to like IPA's, and find the combination just fantastic! I'll keep my eyes open for it. I wonder if they distribute out here.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Soo.. Whats your Labor Day beverage??? Miller High Life here!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Busted open a 375 of 2005 Guiraid tonight. Amazing balance of fruit on the nose, light body and a fantastic mix of moderate sweetness and richness. Not the most complex Sauterne ever, but d**n good wine!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
awa54

Post by awa54 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Image
Golden Monkey is such a great beer! Almost good enough to make me forget that I can't get Eau Benite in VT anymore :(
-David

awa54

Post by awa54 »

brick wrote:I can't help but notice this thread sitting here all quiet at 5:13PM EDT on a Friday. As an avid homebrewer I don't think I can let that stand. Just opened a cyser that I made last year when I didn't have time for proper brewing.
How long has it aged? Good cyser can be amazing stuff!
-David

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Sorry to disappoint....but all I drink is Sake....Good Sake!....but Sake nonetheless.... Doc:)
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Sorry to disappoint....but all I drink is Sake....Good Sake!....but Sake nonetheless.... Doc:)
Hah! I have the tea cups and small plates that go with that Sake set!
-David

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

awa54 wrote:
Dr. Snubnose wrote:Sorry to disappoint....but all I drink is Sake....Good Sake!....but Sake nonetheless.... Doc:)
Hah! I have the tea cups and small plates that go with that Sake set!
Great! Lets do Lunch....I'll bring the Sushi you bring the Sake....Doc :D
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Well you're gonna have a pretty lousy selection if I bring the rice wine Doc, Vermont has a very limited number of sakes available.

There is an OK nigori, the obligatory Momokawas and Takara for those who aren't interested in Gekkeikan, but nothing like a *real* variety available :(
-David

awa54

Post by awa54 »

If you are out on Cape Cod and don't hate rum, then go to Truro vineyards and check out Twenty Boat Rum!

The spiced is fantastic, almost has a green Chartreuse overtone and the standard aged rum is even better than Barbancourt 15 year IMO.

Had a Dark and stormy made with the spiced version at the distillery, wound up buying a bottle... if it wasn't $45 I would have gotten one of each!
-David

bh49

Post by bh49 »

Still drinking my Red from Spain.
Thank you Spaniards.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Don't do coffee, so its sweet Iced Tea.. :D John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Properly brewed black tea from India or Ceylon is the best. Drink it hot or iced. I am treating myself every weekend. I already had two cups today.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RexGig0

Post by RexGig0 »

A blend of two teas, from Teavana: Samurai Chai Mate', and White Ayurvedic Chai, sweetened with clover honey, made with 16 ounces of water. This is actually my second serving of tea this morning, my previous being Tazo Awake English Breakfast, with honey and milk.

I am not a tee-totaler, but very rarely drink anything with alcohol in it. It took quite a while to work my way through the last bottle of Tito's vodka. We occasionally open a bottle of wine, with a special meal.
Ted123123

Post by Ted123123 »

A bottle of 50-year-old Glen McKenna ;)
pay for essay service.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

No picture (The Growler I had filled has the name of the liquor store anyways instead of the beer), but I've been drinking Apricotopus from Parallel 49 Brewing out of Vancouver. It's an Apricot Sour Wheat beer, though you only get a VERY slight hint of Apricot...not like some of the terrible fruity beers that are becoming popular these days. It's not too sour either, but you definitely get some sourness. It's 6.3% ABV and 6 IBU. Very tasty beverage...one of the best beers I've had in quite a while. Anyone else here like sour beer?
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
awa54

Post by awa54 »

3rdGenRigger wrote:No picture (The Growler I had filled has the name of the liquor store anyways instead of the beer), but I've been drinking Apricotopus from Parallel 49 Brewing out of Vancouver. It's an Apricot Sour Wheat beer, though you only get a VERY slight hint of Apricot...not like some of the terrible fruity beers that are becoming popular these days. It's not too sour either, but you definitely get some sourness. It's 6.3% ABV and 6 IBU. Very tasty beverage...one of the best beers I've had in quite a while. Anyone else here like sour beer?
Yep, good sour is pretty awesome, my favorite is Liefmans, but I haven't been able to get it for over a year :(

tonight I had to resort to Trapp Family Vienna lager, a very decent amber lager that sort of splits the difference between a Helles and an Octoberfest in style. It went nicely with bratwurst and kraut!
-David

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

That sounds like a great beer...I just finished the last of my Apricotopus. It's a seasonal offering and the only liquor store I know of that will fill growlers and has it is downtown and I live a little ways south of the city so I'm hoping to be able to make it back before they're out of it. They did have a few nice Octoberfest style beers so I'll be filling my growlers with both most likely the next time I'm back.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Coke a cola on ice.