Spyderco Reverse (carry options)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
myupspilot

Spyderco Reverse (carry options)

Post by myupspilot »

Can anyone post waist shots of some carry options for this particular fixed blade? The literature makes it clear that the user can carry it in a variety of ways, but I'm wondering what folks are finding to be the most practical. I've found NO photos of anyone carrying this blade; just a black and white shot of Janich and Southnarc each holding the knife in their respective preferred grip.
myupspilot

Re: Spyderco Reverse (carry options)

Post by myupspilot »

myupspilot wrote:Can anyone post waist shots of some carry options for this particular fixed blade? The literature makes it clear that the user can carry it in a variety of ways, but I'm wondering what folks are finding to be the most practical. I've found NO photos of anyone carrying this blade; just a black and white shot of Janich and Southnarc each holding the knife in their respective preferred grip.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I have carried this knife strong side, cross draw and behind in the middle of the back....don't think you need any pictures...as all works well...even an appendix carry under the shirt works....so my suggestion is to put it on different places around your waist and see how it feels....this will make you the best judge....of concealment vs comfort vs speed of draw....pick what works best for you...for me it's a strong side carry around 2:30-3:00 on my waist...experiment...experiment...that's the key....as a big proponent of Reverse grip for SD....I took my Reverse and added some paracord (strider design) and added it to my Reverse (see pics) this gave the knife a little palm swell and made access a whole lot easier...The key to reverse grip carry is more about the draw stroke than anything else...you have to be able to access your knife quickly....that should be your major consideration when thinking about carrying for this methodology.....Image ImageImageImageDoc:)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

*Moved to General Discussion*
There is nothing more important than this one day.