Wiggys another Colorado company I love.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mic1

Wiggys another Colorado company I love.

Post by Mic1 »

I have been a Wiggys fan for a long time. All of my cold weather gear is from Wiggys. My Hunting clothing and regular cold weather gear. I have several of their sleeping bags and even a one man tent. Although not the most fashionable for EDW (Everyday wear )as my wife likes to remind me. Their products are super warm, comfortable with good range of movement, durable and light. Before if I sat in a blind or stand in the later part of Illinois or Wisconsin whitetail bow season my feet wood always get cold And my layers of wool wear bulky to pack in and then put on. I would layer with wool and such but always used hand and foot warmers. I bought The Joe Reddington Mukluks, There Bibs and Parka in multicam and mittens I have never been warmer. They pack down smallish in a stuff sack so I can get in without sweating to death. If I had a one complaint it would be the layout of some of the pockets on their coats and that would be a very minor complaint. There sleeping bags are great with a cool 2 bag system kinda like the military. Most of their accessories are great the one man tent is great for backpacking in and it is insulated. I just don't have enough nice things to say about them. :)
SpyderNut

Re: Wiggys another Colorado company I love.

Post by SpyderNut »

That's pretty cool, actually. I've never heard of them, but I'm always intrigued in learning of new outdoor gear resources. I'll certainly do some research on them. Our winters get pretty bleeding cold around here (NE Indiana) too, lol. Are these more of a mom and pop operation or do they have regional shops?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

SpyderNut wrote:That's pretty cool, actually. I've never heard of them, but I'm always intrigued in learning of new outdoor gear resources. I'll certainly do some research on them. Our winters get pretty bleeding cold around here (NE Indiana) too, lol. Are these more of a mom and pop operation or do they have regional shops?
Mom and pop but I believe at one point they were or are still supplying police in Alaska. It's not cheap stuff but good solid gear that last a long long time with hard use and does what it says. Made in the USA which I know for some means nothing but it is important to me. I have had my hunting gear 3 years now I think maybe 4. It's held up great. They make these insulated pair of leg jackets that are great for that time when mornings are cold but afternoon gets warm. I can remember elk hunting in CO with snow the night before and by noon the next day I was with no shirt on.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Just checked out their website. Very well-done! I see they also have a nice selection of Al Mar knives to boot. :)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

SpyderNut wrote:Just checked out their website. Very well-done! I see they also have a nice selection of Al Mar knives to boot. :)
Maybe they could team up with Spyderco one CO Company supporting another.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Mic1 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:Just checked out their website. Very well-done! I see they also have a nice selection of Al Mar knives to boot. :)
Maybe they could team up with Spyderco one CO Company supporting another.
Lol, I actually had the same thought. Great minds and all. ;) I agree that Spyderco seems like it would be a natural fit for Wiggys. Cool website.