Sig Sauer X5's

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: Sig Sauer X5's

Post by MacLaren »

StuntZombie wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
StuntZombie wrote:Something about the Sigs, they've never really clicked for me. They shoot well, and they're well made, but I've never enjoyed them as much as the 1911's, Glocks, and P99's that I've shot. Still, if I had the money, I would gladly add one of those X5's to the arsenal. Something that nice, I'm sure I could grow to like it. Those are some beautiful pistols.

Also, Nill Grips. If there's one way polymer frame guns will always be deficient, it's that there is no way to add some Nill grips to them.
I hear ya loud and clear brother. A 1911 trigger is just about impossible to beat imo. This adj X5 is as nice imo.
Glocks are just about indestructible. However, have you tried the new Sig P320? They say she's a real Glock killer...been a few Glock guys converting.... ;)
I saw that you mentioned the X5 was a soft shooter. I think that's been my biggest issue with the 226 and 228. They just seemed to have more perceived recoil than my Glock 26 or even my PPS. I think that higher bore may have had something to do with it, along with the fact I haven't fired nearly as many rounds through Sig guns.

Funny you mention the P320. A friend of mine discovered he prefers the 9mm over .45 chambered guns, so I was shopping around for him. When I came across the 320's, I kept thinking I might have to convert as well. I haven't had the chance to shoot one yet, but I like the idea of a pistol that can be everything from a range gun, to a concealed carry just by swapping out the grip, barrel and slide.
Yes sir. Most Sigs have a higher bore axis than Glocks. The X5 is better on that score than a reg production 226 and the new X Line even better so than the 1st gen X guns. However, even the new 320 still doesnt have low a bore axis than a Glock. Not that bore axis is everything as Im sure you well know. I think like you pointed out, its really how uch time you put into one. Honestly, the new 320 is nice . No doubt. But Id prolly hang onto my Glock for a Striker fired pistol. But thats just me. Gaston Glock really knocked it out of the park with his Glock imo.
MacLaren

New X5 Fiber Optic Sights

Post by MacLaren »

Just wanted to share the two sets of Sig Sauer X5 Fiber Optic Sights- A limited number of 75 sets made in Germany especially for the X5/X6.
This is really cool as the original sights were tough to use in low light no light shooting. Without any further ado.....
remnar

Post by remnar »

That 9mm is a real beauty. I do have a thing for wood grips. :D Your shooting is outstanding and reminds me that I don't get to the range enough. :rolleyes:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thank you Remnar!
I really appreciate that. That being said, Im lucky at best to put 200 rds down range in a year.
So far, whats pictured is the only rds put thru + 10 more for a total of 60rds lol......thats pitiful I know lol.
Btw, the grips are Walnut.
remnar

Post by remnar »

MacLaren wrote:Thank you Remnar!
I really appreciate that. That being said, Im lucky at best to put 200 rds down range in a year.
So far, whats pictured is the only rds put thru + 10 more for a total of 60rds lol......thats pitiful I know lol.
Btw, the grips are Walnut.
The only Sig that I own is a 1911 Nightmare Carry that I bought about 2 years ago. What's really pitiful is that I haven't even fired it yet. It has become a safe queen. I didn't buy it as a carry gun and whenever I do get a chance to get out and shoot, I feel like I need to practice with those that I do carry.

Do you regularly carry with the Alessi rig? If I ever do decide to carry the 1911, then I think that a shoulder rig would be the way to go but I have no experience with them. What are your (or anybody elses) thoughts on shoulder holsters?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

We must have the same taste. If I were to get a Sig 1911, it would be a Nightmare Carry.
As far as the Alessi Rig, I love it. Very, and I mean very soft and supple. The gun does not move or anything. Alessi, is very good at what they do imho.
Give Tom a call sometime. Hes very helpful as well as knowledgeable. That being said, I feel the shoulder rig is a great way to go for comfort - as well as a self defense angle. Gosh, I really wish I could be more helpful!
But, I do know Tom @Alessi, really is one of the best in the business. A lot of people say he is the best. But Im sure there are others that are very nice as well.
As far as wearing it, well, its just like I mentioned before. Its very comfy and just all around nice too.
Only thing ya wanna do imo, is practice drawing your gun out. Just to get used to that motion.
Lastly, a shoulder rig is prolly not the best system for certain times of the year like hot summer days but its certainly worth having imo and you can wear it a lot actually.
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Beautiful, really nicely made! So good to see there's still good workmanship out there & the quality to go with it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thank you noseoil!
And BELIEVE ME, I know EXACTLY what ya mean.....
Thats why I like Spyderco, as well.