Modern TV

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Re: Modern TV

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Madmen is awesome, when is the final half season due on Netflix?
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Ankerson wrote:There is a lot of idiotic stupid crap going on with the networks and it is getting worse as time goes on.

TV these days?

Well speaking in broad general terms it's garbage compared to what it used be like.
Please save yourself from "the networks" by reading my post.

Knives these days? Well speaking in broad general terms they're complete garbage compared to what they used to be like. Knives used to be made by hand by artisans who took pride in their work. Now, 90% of knives are just cheap Chinese-made gas station crap!

See how foolish it is to judge things like this in broad general terms? Especially when you have a choice, and are not forced to consume the full gamut of possible offerings, or even the average of possible offerings? If you only shop at the gas station for knives, you'll be unaware that there are better things out there.

Watch the Spyderco of TV. Get a streaming service like netflix or Amazon.

https://youtu.be/ZR95iii14l8

Kobe Bryant is the TV I'm watching. #12 is the TV you're watching.

Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

tvenuto wrote:
Ankerson wrote:There is a lot of idiotic stupid crap going on with the networks and it is getting worse as time goes on.

TV these days?

Well speaking in broad general terms it's garbage compared to what it used be like.
Please save yourself from "the networks" by reading my post.

Knives these days? Well speaking in broad general terms they're complete garbage compared to what they used to be like. Knives used to be made by hand by artisans who took pride in their work. Now, 90% of knives are just cheap Chinese-made gas station crap!

See how foolish it is to judge things like this in broad general terms? Especially when you have a choice, and are not forced to consume the full gamut of possible offerings, or even the average of possible offerings? If you only shop at the gas station for knives, you'll be unaware that there are better things out there.

Watch the Spyderco of TV. Get a streaming service like netflix or Amazon.

https://youtu.be/ZR95iii14l8

Kobe Bryant is the TV I'm watching. #12 is the TV you're watching.

Have had Netflix and Amazon for a very long time so I don't see your point. ;)

The only thing that makes TV today tolerable is the DVR's I have, I don't watch Live TV, I record everything that I watch.

The DVR's give me a buffer, all I have to do is wait like 25 Mins for a normal show then I start watching it so Fast Forwarding through the commercials doesn't catch up to live TV. ;)
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

http://video.wired.com/watch/battle-dam ... -shattered

More slow motion awesomeness (not really TV but who cares).
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I have always enjoyed nature shows and some of the new ones are just amazing. The Planet Earth and Blue Planet series are terrific!
Yeah! when it comes to TV now a days I see on cable I really also love stuff like Animal Planet, History & H2, Science Channel, Nat Geo, and some of the stuff on Discovery. Anything educational or about the animal kingdom in general I find fascinating.

One series of shows on Animal Planet that I miss terribly was Steve Irwin's "Crocidile Hunter" shows. What a horrible tradgedy when he got killed by that stingray :( I never seen anyone who could handle venomous snakes like Steve Irwin could. The only one that even comes a distant second to Irwin is Austin Stevens>> but again no one could handle snakes and other dangerous animals like Steve Irwin could :cool:

Also any shows on the above channels dealing with ancient archeology like David Hatcher Childress, Graham Hancock and a few other researchers is extremely intriguing on Modern TV.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

JD Spydo wrote: One series of shows on Animal Planet that I miss terribly was Steve Irwin's "Crocidile Hunter" shows. What a horrible tradgedy when he got killed by that stingray :( I never seen anyone who could handle venomous snakes like Steve Irwin could.
Agreed! He was a bit of a nut but few people love what they do as much as he did. He truly had a passion for what he did and was a special kind of person. So sad and what a loss. :(
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Anybody here enjoy watching "River Monsters" with Jeremy Wade?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:Anybody here enjoy watching "River Monsters" with Jeremy Wade?
Second only to Steve Irwin ( The Crocidile Hunter fame) I think Jeremy Wade's "River Monsters" show on Animal Planet is truly my current favorite show on that cable channel. Actually he is pretty much tied with Austin Steven's shows on snakes and snake photography.

Some of the mega-beast type fish that Jeremy Wade catches is just mind blowing. To me that's pure entertainment as only nature herself can provide. I've often wondered how many thousands of dollars that guy has in his top of the line fishing gear.

He has truly had some very interesting shows and each show is completely unique. If there is one man on this planet I truly envy it's Jeremy Wade. All of those ultra-remote places he gets to go fish at are truly awesome. I hope his show runs for another ten years or better.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I completely agree, JD. I started watching River Monsters a few years ago at the recommendation of my father-in-law. Man, some of the stuff he (Jeremy) does to catch certain types of fish is simply astounding--not to mention a bit crazy. :eek: My favorite episode was the one featuring the Goliath Tiger fish. Good god, that fish is creepy! Here's a picture of the Tigerfish:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ranha.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

We could tear the satellite down and burn our DVR, and I really wouldn't care. There's really nothing on that I would miss these days.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN