Rattle in Microtech Halo?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
enduraguy

Rattle in Microtech Halo?

Post by enduraguy »

So, I know the source is from the pin that the spring compresses over, but is that pin needed?
JD Spydo

Re: Rattle in Microtech Halo?

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey EnduraGuy I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bit of difficulty with your Microtech HALO model. I've only ever owned two Microtech models over the years but I do have a lot of respect for the company overall. The HALO model if I remember correctly is the automatic model that shoot straight out of the end or bolster part of the blade. If we're talking the same model and I'm sure that's the one I've always wanted one of those myself.

As good of a company as Microtech seems to be I would contact the factory before doing major surgery on the knife. Because many times those automatics have many things that can go wrong with them that only the factory can usually repair. The two Benchmade automatics I owned at one time I had to send both of them back to the factory and they only charged me for the parts and that was it. I haven't kept up with Microtech in the past few years but I've heard their quality is decent.

That's what I would do is to just send it back to the factory or at least contact them. I am eventually going to snag one of their hawkbills and I also like their Socom models as well.
enduraguy

Re: Rattle in Microtech Halo?

Post by enduraguy »

I'm actually quite familiar with this knife and disassembly/reassembly. I appreciate your thoughts. I guess I just may have to remove the pin and see if the function of the knife seems affected.