OD Green PM2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

OD Green PM2?

Post by jdw »

I am not a big PM2 guy but I am surprised that there isn't more chatter about this release. Are most people skipping it for the upcoming BHQ PM2?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Evil D

Re: OD Green PM2?

Post by Evil D »

Haven't seen it but I love OD green. I really love the foliage green G10 and wish it was used more.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Mine came a couple of days ago and it is very cool! :)
image.jpeg
not the greatest pic though.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I actually dig it, but little overpriced to me. Might grab a used one if hits exchange at right price.
rivy

Post by rivy »

Great color, but I already have the black blade, digi cam so it's very similar in color. If it was something other than S30V, I'd jump on it for the steel variety.
the Southerner

Post by the Southerner »

Evil D wrote:Haven't seen it but I love OD green. I really love the foliage green G10 and wish it was used more.
It is very pretty to look at. What super steel is it using?
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

S30V
vivi

Post by vivi »

It would be cool to see a Military in this combo as well. I love how green and black go together.
:unicorn
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Is that the same shade of green they used with the Elmax PM2s?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Sort of like with the s35vn Brown-scaled distributor exclusive. People want different steels.
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

I'm confused that this is an exclusive to outman, dlt seems to have rights to distribute, but it just popped up for pre order on blade hq?? Anyone know what's going on?
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Now Knife Center has it?? Kinda makes it less special...spyderco clearly lists it as an exclusive on their website.
rivy

Post by rivy »

Doesn’t seem to be anything very special about this model...
NiallRiv

Post by NiallRiv »

I skipped it because of the blade steel. I really liked the g10 color and a DLC blade but I just have to many PM2s
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

I have read in a number of places that 52100 was designed for NASA as a ball bearing crushing test steel to evaluate the hardness of ball bearing steels, not sure when exactly this was. So far as I know the 52100 has since been replaced with a new and superior (harder) ball bearing crushing test steel. Would anyone here happen to know what the current test steel is? Thanks.

PS: I really do like the color combination of this Para 2, makes me want one especially as the steel is so very tough and is said to easily take a super fine edge. I have Maxamet Manix 2 so I am not likely to find any much harder steel than that other than Rex 121, so a super fine grain easy to sharpen steel is very attractive to me. Just need a knife that would make for a good pocket straight razor?
Calgary on the Bow
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Was my first pm2, I was waiting for something out of the norm that wouldn't break the bank, I may have waited for something else had I known it would be readily available everywhere. Just strange cause the paperwork with it talk about it as an exclusive and it obviously is not.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Carlito555 wrote:I'm confused that this is an exclusive to outman, dlt seems to have rights to distribute, but it just popped up for pre order on blade hq?? Anyone know what's going on?
This is a distributor exclusive. JB Outman is a distributor. So typically this would be available to any dealer that buys from JB Outman. One exception that I'm aware of is red M390 PM2 that JB Outman sold exclusively to DLT Trading. DLT's website says nothing about the OD/DLC PM2 being sold only through them.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

This color combination is starting to grow on me. I'm thinking about trading in my all black PM2 for this one.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Carlito555 wrote:I'm confused that this is an exclusive to outman, dlt seems to have rights to distribute, but it just popped up for pre order on blade hq?? Anyone know what's going on?
This is a distributor exclusive. JB Outman is a distributor. So typically this would be available to any dealer that buys from JB Outman. One exception that I'm aware of is red M390 PM2 that JB Outman sold exclusively to DLT Trading. DLT's website says nothing about the OD/DLC PM2 being sold only through them.
Thanks, that explanation makes sense...I knew dlt was the only place for the m390s so that is where I based the assumption. That's why the forums are great.
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Sharp Guy wrote:This color combination is starting to grow on me. I'm thinking about trading in my all black PM2 for this one.
I agree that it has a really nice contrast (handel to the black blade)I love the G10's colour. It looks (here at least to me) like it is more blue than green. Is this a function of my monitors colour adjustment or is this the case when you hold it in your hand?
Calgary on the Bow