Discontinued For 2018 - OFFICIAL List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
black

Re: Discontinued For 2018 - OFFICIAL List

Post by black »

KingRat wrote:Looks like its time to get that TI Military. I wonder, does this mean no more TI Militaries, or is there another TI Military option on the horizon?
Brock O Lee wrote:I was thinking maybe the Ti Millies would get the CQI treatment...
I would really like to know what's up with the Ti Military. I'd rather buy an updated version but if there will be no ti millies in the future I'll get the fluted one now.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

abbazaba wrote:
FCM415 wrote:Last call for alcohol :)

Had to pick up a Ti fluted N5. On discount too
Good call. That is probably my favorite knife on the list this year.
I am not overly drawn to pretty knives but this is in my opinion the nicest looking knife I own. It is stunning and when you actually hold it the contouring is a very noticeable improvement. It is an awesome knife. When I look at it I see the rising sun. The round lock cutout with the radiating fluting is very cool. It also has a much more polished finish than the fluted Military which classes it up in my opinion.

Enjoy it!!!! It is a sweet piece!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
gement

Post by gement »

Thanks, bearfacedkiller! Lots to think about and I appreciate the visual aids.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

^

If it was helpful then I am happy. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

abbazaba wrote:
FCM415 wrote:Last call for alcohol :)

Had to pick up a Ti fluted N5. On discount too
Good call. That is probably my favorite knife on the list this year.
Also, I believe that this is the only Spyderco, which received the "Best American made knife" award.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

ShaneInDenver wrote:I've always wanted a Tasman Salt to replace my Byrd Hawkbill and I was able to finally get one from Blade HQ for $50. Too good of a deal to pass up right there.
Thanks for the heads up! I just grabbed myself a Tasman in black plain edge, couldn’t resist.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

black wrote:
KingRat wrote:Looks like its time to get that TI Military. I wonder, does this mean no more TI Militaries, or is there another TI Military option on the horizon?
Brock O Lee wrote:I was thinking maybe the Ti Millies would get the CQI treatment...
I would really like to know what's up with the Ti Military. I'd rather buy an updated version but if there will be no ti millies in the future I'll get the fluted one now.
This!
GH9000

Post by GH9000 »

Got me the native 5 fluted titanium. I used the 50 knife rewards I’ve had for a year that I’ve been saving for something. Been wanting this for a while and the 250.00 I couldn’t bring myself to it. But at 150 I feel like I scored.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

GH9000 wrote:Got me the native 5 fluted titanium. I used the 50 knife rewards I’ve had for a year that I’ve been saving for something. Been wanting this for a while and the 250.00 I couldn’t bring myself to it. But at 150 I feel like I scored.
Congrats. Enjoy the knife. It is the beauty and very ergonomic. Just reprofile it to thin out the edge.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

If that fluted ti Millie drops to $199 or less somewhere I am in.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Wowza. The one model above all others that I've been holding out on over price, the beautiful, classy, unique Vrango, finally on it's way to my loving hands! Sad that it didn't take off, but so happy that it finally fell within reach (conveniently ignoring the fact that I should not be spending any money right now, period).

What's truly saddening is the death of the original Southard flipper. Still one of my favorite knives in so many categories, I did not think its end would come so soon. It had a pretty substantial career, but I always felt it would become a real staple in the catalog. Based on the relatively low markdowns I've seen, I'm guessing the sales couldn't have been too bad. Congrats on a great run, Brad!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

PayneTrain wrote:Wowza. The one model above all others that I've been holding out on over price, the beautiful, classy, unique Vrango, finally on it's way to my loving hands! Sad that it didn't take off, but so happy that it finally fell within reach (conveniently ignoring the fact that I should not be spending any money right now, period).

What's truly saddening is the death of the original Southard flipper. Still one of my favorite knives in so many categories, I did not think its end would come so soon. It had a pretty substantial career, but I always felt it would become a real staple in the catalog. Based on the relatively low markdowns I've seen, I'm guessing the sales couldn't have been too bad. Congrats on a great run, Brad!
The Vrango is so nice, not practical for my uses hence why i sold mine, but beautiful none the less.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Spydergirl88 wrote: The Vrango is so nice, not practical for my uses hence why i sold mine, but beautiful none the less.
I hope you got more for it than KC is charging for it right now! I was still waffling on most other sites at $180, but then I checked the juggernaut (who I find doesn't usually come in at the lowest price, let alone THAT much lower), and I couldn't enter my card number fast enough. Heck of a deal!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

xceptnl wrote:
Evil D wrote:Well I've always wanted a Street Beat, might be time to make that happen. I don't think I could settle for the light weight version, the micarta is too nice. I don't use fixed blades very often but I know if I miss it now I'll regret it later, it always goes that way.
This was my first thought when I read the list at 4am. I don't think i can let that one get away.
Well I caved this morning. Knife Center have them for $135 shipped, that's the cheapest I've seen.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:
xceptnl wrote:
Evil D wrote:Well I've always wanted a Street Beat, might be time to make that happen. I don't think I could settle for the light weight version, the micarta is too nice. I don't use fixed blades very often but I know if I miss it now I'll regret it later, it always goes that way.
This was my first thought when I read the list at 4am. I don't think i can let that one get away.
Well I caved this morning. Knife Center have them for $135 shipped, that's the cheapest I've seen.
I think I am going to be able to resist. I need to catch up on my mules. I have missed the last 4.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
vivi

Post by vivi »

Evil D wrote:
xceptnl wrote:
Real tempted at that price. I'd have ordered one if I didn't already have two fixed blades in the mail.
:unicorn
archangel

Post by archangel »

I contacted KC and asked them why e.g. the Southard folders are not yet discounted yet. Here‘s what they replied: „We are currently working with Spyderco to lower prices on these items. Please keep an eye on our site for drops in the price!“

I decided I will not get the Lilˋ Lionspy. I‘m hoping for a hot price of the Southard. :rolleyes:
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

archangel wrote:I contacted KC and asked them why e.g. the Southard folders are not yet discounted yet. Here‘s what they replied: „We are currently working with Spyderco to lower prices on these items. Please keep an eye on our site for drops in the price!“

I decided I will not get the Lilˋ Lionspy. I‘m hoping for a hot price of the Southard. :rolleyes:

Come on Spyderco!

Brown Southard, Brown Southard, Brown Southard....
wheats

Post by wheats »

Life is good when the biggest decision of the day is do I go with the Lil Lionspy or the PITS?
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Flipping Addict wrote:
black wrote:
This!
Can someone from Spyderco confirm that the Ti Military is really being discontinued?

It is curious that both Ti models received the CQI updates, were produced for one batch, and are now being discontinued. Is there going to be a blade steel update?

If someone can confirm that "this is it, when they're gone, they're gone for good", it would be appreciated. :)