Spyderco's New Website

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Spyderco's New Website

Post by Sharp Guy »

I just noticed that Spyderco's new website is up. Very nice!!

http://www.spyderco.com/
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpyderNut

Re: Spyderco's New Website

Post by SpyderNut »

Wow! Job well done, Spyderco Crew. The new website looks exceptionally well done. I like the format and ease of locating information. A+!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Ripsnort

Post by Ripsnort »

The new website looks top notch! Great job web developers :)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Great job on the new layout :)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Here I was checking out the Nishijin Spin that's on it's way... and then I saw the site is live!
Very clean and much friendlier when navigating through the pages!
Very well done indeed!
I'm off now, I'll be browsing the site for the evening :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
MatZio

Post by MatZio »

Amazing. It's look nice.
Great job.

Congratulations!
:)
Dinamo Zagreb. Leaving or dead, always ahead...
Matija
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Oh yeah, that's so much better, thanks Spyderco for the CQI even with your website.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Website/web store looks great. Nice layout, good use of color, excellent contrast. Forum, OTOH, looks washed out and kind of blah, at least to me.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I'm liking the steel charts...
archangel

Post by archangel »

Sorry for being the *** that starts complaining... but I am having quite some trouble viewing pages on my iPad with Safari. I scroll down a bit, and suddenly the upper part of the website moves up, at the same time moving the lower content significantly. When I scroll back a little, suddenly the upper part moves down, again moving the content part. It's barely possible to scroll in a way so that I can see all parts how I would like to. :(

You guys who like the new design are viewing it on a PC screen?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

archangel wrote:Sorry for being the *** that starts complaining... but I am having quite some trouble viewing pages on my iPad with Safari. I scroll down a bit, and suddenly the upper part of the website moves up, at the same time moving the lower content significantly. When I scroll back a little, suddenly the upper part moves down, again moving the content part. It's barely possible to scroll in a way so that I can see all parts how I would like to. :(

You're seeing the mobile version. I looked too, and it seems like the top header section is shrinking when you scroll, but because it has all of those social media buttons and the search field in there it doesn't shrink enough. They need to get rid of that header section entirely and move the buttons and search to the site menu in the upper left corner.

On a PC, it looks fantastic. :p
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
rybu0305

Post by rybu0305 »

Love it. Very nice update.
More CBBL please!
Delica 4 Brown, Manix 2 G10 S110V, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 CF Cruwear, KC Endura HAP40 pakkawood, Sliverax, Kapara, Manix 2 Rex45, Manix 2 4v, Ivory Straight Stretch
archangel

Post by archangel »

dplafoll wrote:
archangel wrote:Sorry for being the *** that starts complaining... but I am having quite some trouble viewing pages on my iPad with Safari. I scroll down a bit, and suddenly the upper part of the website moves up, at the same time moving the lower content significantly. When I scroll back a little, suddenly the upper part moves down, again moving the content part. It's barely possible to scroll in a way so that I can see all parts how I would like to. :(

You're seeing the mobile version. I looked too, and it seems like the top header section is shrinking when you scroll, but because it has all of those social media buttons and the search field in there it doesn't shrink enough. They need to get rid of that header section entirely and move the buttons and search to the site menu in the upper left corner.

On a PC, it looks fantastic. :p
I'm sitting in front of a PC screen at work every day. When I'm at home, internet consumption is through iPad by 100%, because that's the way I want it to be. Spyderco crew, please optimize for mobile applications! I'm confident you'll find the right buttons to push! ;)
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

It seems to be the same on my Samsung tablet and Chrome but for me it's allowing access to the information on the lower part of the page. I can see everything on the page by scrolling up and down. Yes at a certain point the view shifts back to the top or bottom depending on which way I'm scrolling but all the info is easily accessed. Maybe it's a little different for IOS users?
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

What About Requesting Desktop Version? Does that help Ipad Users?
Spydergirl88
SpyderWill

Post by SpyderWill »

Now the website is as sharp as the knives! :D Nice work, Spyderco crew. Can't wait to explore all that it has to offer.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Spydergirl88 wrote:What About Requesting Desktop Version? Does that help Ipad Users?
Nope, already tried that. :(

I'm sure it can be fixed.
Michael
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am having issues on my IPad too. Otherwise it does look great!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

New forums link also:

//forum.spyderco.com/index.php
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Im at work now using my Samsung phone but at home I use my iPad bummer
Spydergirl88