Would you buy an M4 Para2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you buy a Para2 sprint in M4?

Yes - Sign me up for M4!
69%
No - I probably wouldn't buy it.
21%
Meh. I'm not sure...
10%

Total votes: 131

DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Scottie3000 wrote:Yes! Ive got all the other steels I'd like in a para 2 covered; S90V, M390, XHP. I'd love a M4 Para with maybe some kind of burgundy handle.
Burdundy Micarta...then yes!! Burgundy G-10...meh.
On the hunt for...
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

gbelleh wrote:I wouldn't buy one for M4 steel alone. It would depend on the handle...
+1
No colored G-10 other than black or very dark green or brown (and I mean virtually black). CF handle would be ideal.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

Yes, I would buy one because the PM2 has flow-through/open back construction that would make it easier to keep cleaned out.

Plus, I haven't gotten around to buying the tan M4 Manix 2 yet either.
My favorite Spyderco knives include: Caly 3.5, Chaparral, Delica 4 FFG, Stretch, Para-Military 2, Endura 4 FFG, Manix 2 & Manix 2 XL!

TANSTAAFL
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

I voted yes, but the reality is probably, seeing as how I have the REAL THING. M4 millie.
O.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Onionman wrote:...CF handle would be ideal.
Meh, been done to death! Let's see some Micarta as it would be a first for a Para. Something like the stonewashed Micarta below along with M4 would make a very cool "working" knife.

USMC RETIRED
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Leatherneck wrote:Meh, been done to death! Let's see some Micarta as it would be a first for a Para. Something like the stonewashed Micarta below along with M4 would make a very cool "working" knife.

Would be cool to see that for sure!! Especially with M4
On the hunt for...
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

I'm definitely in for one. I love the edge that M4 takes.
-Ryan
Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

So.. why not the Knifeworks Para in CTS 204P run that just closed instead?
BAL

Post by BAL »

ICSK wrote:I wouldn't get this. I have a hard time bringing myself to spend money on a sprint run solely based on steel and handle color. After that I have a hard time using said sprint run. There's far too many production knives that I'd rather be spending my money on.

Maybe if there was an economic sprint run like a 440C PM2 haha. Unlikely though considering I'm the minority.
I tend to agree with you ICSK. The CPM S30V on my Para2 is working just fine. I don't really
know why I would need anything more. I do like the idea and collectability of "better" steels
and I am always looking for the "best", but there are so many other production knives that I
have on my wish list. I still would like to get a production digicam\black and black\black with
CPM S30V, so paying more for the "better" steel, isn't in my plans. Maybe if I didn't already
have one or didn't like the original steel or color, it might make a difference. So I guess that
WE are in the minority.
dman62

Post by dman62 »

I'm in!
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

Leatherneck wrote:Meh, been done to death! Let's see some Micarta as it would be a first for a Para. Something like the stonewashed Micarta below along with M4 would make a very cool "working" knife.

I would love to see micarta. I just don't see spyderco moving back to micarta handles for their folders anytime soon, since in past threads Sal has nixed that idea.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

That's the first 710 I would really like to buy.
Spook410 wrote:So.. why not the Knifeworks Para in CTS 204P run that just closed instead?
Some people like the character M4 gets from use.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'm thinking that the precision required by the nested liners might make Micarta a poor choice for the Para2. Micarta shrinks and expands slightly with humidity, and this might make the liners unstable. I'm sure it could be engineered, but the G10 scales are a tight fit for the liners now...

Sal/Eric - are we correct about this?

TedP
PocketZen

Post by PocketZen »

Wow that looks amazing!
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Not sure if I would get one...I prefer the corrosion resistance of stainless over carbon steels.

The lock would probably sway me - ti compression frame lock, mmm....

High hardness would also sweeten the deal for me...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Jet B

Post by Jet B »

While I do realize that M4 is great steel, I prefer stainless. I use my knives outdoors and they will often be exposed to moisture all day. I don't want the hassle of trying to keep my knife dry and clean all the time.

If it was DLC coated I might consider it. But most likely I will keep waiting for a stainless sprint version I like.
Ravana

Post by Ravana »

Only if it were in a neutral handle color.
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

Only if it had CF scales like on the M390 Millie. ;)
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
Ravana

Post by Ravana »

mongatu wrote:Only if it had CF scales like on the M390 Millie. ;)

That would work :-)
heathen

Post by heathen »

This is the one knife that I desire the most. I love the Para 2 and I love the M4 on my GB. Combining the 2 seems like a no brainer! I would buy 2 for certain. Please Spyderco make it happen!!!
God Bless
Heath