Blue M390 Para 2 at my door

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

BAL wrote:That's all that I get too, bills, and they aren't even bills for spyderco knives. They're bills for silly stuff like heat, phones and electricity.
:D Right
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I have the blue Para2 on the way and Orange Para2 pre-ordered, All I need is a s90v CF Para2
I wonder if Bentobox will except Kidneys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Gunslinger wrote:I have the blue Para2 on the way and Orange Para2 pre-ordered, All I need is a s90v CF Para2
Haha, I know how you feel. If I were to buy one that's where I'd go, it's the cheapest place to find one now. Although I would never pay that much for one, the gray one there is super expensive as well. I really hope that M390 will outperform, or be on par with s90v and cst 20cp to make me not feel so bad about missing these sprints.

For now the blue one will have to make due whenever the second round comes around. The orange one will be a great addition to my general rotation.
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

my invoice said mine would ship on 12/28 but I have received no tracking info yet. Was this tracking that you guys got linked in your pay pal or just emailed to you?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."-George Smith Patton, Jr
RamDreamer

Post by RamDreamer »

:D Received mine in the mail today. Happy :spyder: New Year! :D
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Well, after waiting all day my mailman finally dropped off my M390 Para 2. I have to say I really wasn't sure if I'd like the Smurf blue enough to keep this Para 2, especially once I ordered the CF M390 Millie! But... this particular Para 2 is the smoothest, silkiest, most rock solid lock-up Para 2 I've received yet. The edge grind is about as straight and even as I've seen on any Spydie. I can't really find a flaw on it. Except maybe that they installed the clip in the wrong position (tip down). :)

It seems this one will most likely be a keeper! :D
:bug-red-white
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Gunslinger wrote:I have the blue Para2 on the way and Orange Para2 pre-ordered, All I need is a s90v CF Para2
You need the gray 20CP, for the steel, if you don't already have one. :) :spyder:
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

JNewell wrote:You need the gray 20CP, for the steel, if you don't already have one. :) :spyder:
Yeah, I have that one. Forgot to mention it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dman62

Post by dman62 »

Got mine today. Just a little darker than my Sage 3 and coarser checkering. Grind on mine seems perfect. Only thing I can find remotely off on mine is the liners each have a spot on the edge where it looks like the laser used to cut it started it's cut. This is is another sweet knife from Spyderco I'm looking forward to carrying!
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

My 2 M390 P2's arrived today. Factory grinds on both of them are at least as good as any I've seen from Spyderco with no flaws that I can see. Great smooth action and lockup although one required slight adjustment of the pivot screw before the blade would fall closed the way I like.

I really didn't need these but after using and absolutely loving M390 in the Mule, I've really been eager to have some in the Para 2 which is my favorite folder design. As I expected, I'm not all that thrilled with the blue scales but I can live with it. If it doesn't grow on me I might eventually try to swap blades with some of my other P2's as I think I prefer the gray scales of the 20CP. Great knives though and M390 is worth the extra cost, imo.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Two of them sold on the exchange right off. :D

Somebody making money of them already.
Handwrecker

Post by Handwrecker »

Mine was waiting when I got home from work. I'm definitely pleased, and I love the color. Great fit and finish, perfectly centered and even grinds. It is a little less smooth than my other Para 2, but doesn't have the tiny bit of blade play. Looks like there's some thicker lube like MilTec in the pivot, which seems to explain it.

Thanks Bento Box Shop and Spyderco!
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

At this point, I expect the BBPara2 to arrive before the Yo2 I ordered from CutleryShoppe a few weeks back. Didn't see that coming!

I wonder how long Golden can keep trying to produce this many models at once. Seems like thay've got another couple of sprints every quarter, along with at least one new model and not many cancellations. No wonder they can't keep the Para2 in stock...
—Daniel Jackson
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Mine came in as well :D :D and I would agree with others that the edge grind is nearly perfect. Glad to get this one as I also missed the S90V. I'll have to see how the M390 compares to the 20CP.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Two of them sold on the exchange right off. :D

Somebody making money of them already.
I did an inet search for "Spyderco paramilitary2" and the first 3 pages of results did not include bentoboxshop.com. The results were the normal ones you see including Spyderco. The first place I heard of bento box was on this forum. That was because I was in the market for a Manix2 right when the M4 model was on pre-order at bentobox. I guess it's possible that the first time some people hear of some of the dealer exclusive knives is when they hit ebay, amazon, etc.

Jack
md8232

Post by md8232 »

It's here. This is my first Para 2 and I couldn't be happier. A perfect fit for my
hand and pretty sharp out of the box!
That is genuine old guy beard hair that I've just whittled.
Attachments
Hair Whittling Sharp.jpg
Hair Whittling Sharp.jpg (100.82 KiB) Viewed 2343 times
mongatu

Post by mongatu »

Nice photo.

The only problem I'm having with mine is I'm finding the jimping to be too sharp. Much more abrasive than my other Para 2's. That should be easy to fix though.
Peter - My :spyder:'s:
Caly~3.5 (VG-10 & S. Blue); Para2~(20CP~M390~S30v); Military~(M390~S30v); Endura & Delica~4~FFG; Native~(S30v); Caly~Jr.~(ZDP); Manix~2~(M4); Ladybug~3~(VG-10. SE); Mules~(M390).
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'm really liking this blue Para 2. The color is a bit darker than the Sage 3, and a much nicer shade of blue than the Delica/Endura.

My first Spydie wheels... :D

mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

How does this blue compare with the Manix 2 blue sprint?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Unfortunately, I don't have a Manix 2 blue sprint to compare. Also, my not-so-great pics above make the blue Para 2 look lighter than it is.