Spyderco 2012 Discontinued List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dapagco

Spyderco 2012 Discontinued List

Post by dapagco »

The 2012 Spyderco Discontinued List has been posted here.

Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

Thanks for posting. Small list this year. Hoping to find some deals on an urban, balances, and maybe a rock lobster.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am little sad to see Bob T slipit discontinued. I fortunately have one.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Thanks for posting the list. Does this mean that the restricted models are discontinued also?
dapagco

Post by dapagco »

That is correct. All the knives on the list above are being discontinued next year. We just needed a way to differentiate the restricted models from the regular models.
jtoler_9 wrote:Thanks for posting the list. Does this mean that the restricted models are discontinued also?
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

That isn't so bad. I am rather surprised to see that the Leafstorm lives on for at least another year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

Thanks for posting this up, it will be interesting to see what deals pop up on these items. Its also nice to see such a small list this year.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//

Post by 224477 »

Maybe its time for me to get that 'big plastic Harpy', till I can.. ;)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

jtoler_9 wrote:Thanks for posting the list. Does this mean that the restricted models are discontinued also?
Just to be clear, only the Citadel models shown are discontinued. The Embassy models are still active stock items.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

bh49 wrote:I am little sad to see Bob T slipit discontinued. I fortunately have one.
I agree. It's one of my favorites and it's sad to see it go. I love the blade shape.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

ok cool! bring on the catalog now :D
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

jwrickma24 wrote:ok cool! bring on the catalog now :D
Yeppers...Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

Damnit no more rocklobster. :( I guess I need to go buy another one FAST.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Hate to see the Spyderhawk go....one of my very favorites. Of course this just means we need to see another big hawkbill come on out!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

Gotta say that for years I had looked forward to the release of the "restricted" knives. Once they came though I realized I could open a normal Spydie quicker than the auto. Guess others noticed that as well...
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." -----Sal Glesser
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Zatx wrote:Gotta say that for years I had looked forward to the release of the "restricted" knives. Once they came though I realized I could open a normal Spydie quicker than the auto. Guess others noticed that as well...
I think it's more a question of the extreme interpretation of the Switchblade Act by the 10th Circuit that shrunk the potential market for Spyderco automatics, coupled with the normal problems any maker faces breaking into a niche market.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Zatx wrote:Gotta say that for years I had looked forward to the release of the "restricted" knives. Once they came though I realized I could open a normal Spydie quicker than the auto. Guess others noticed that as well...
For me it was never about speed. I really don't care how fast the thing opens. I have always liked the look and feel of the Citadel line. It feels rock solid in hand. I was hoping to move to a state that would allow me to have one. We have a store here that sells them to Leos. I guess I can say I at least got to play with one in a store before they dissapear.
kens73

Post by kens73 »

hunterseeker5 wrote:Damnit no more rocklobster. :( I guess I need to go buy another one FAST.
Agree. I need a spare
Lost count ... :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Super Blue Lover
JLS

Post by JLS »

That is indeed a small list. I'm a little surprised to see many of the "Slip-It's" going away. I don't live where knives are overly restricted, so I know I didn't help with the sales, but I had perceived that they were well accepted.

Only one Byrd on the list. That is interesting and encouraging. I might be reading into this a bit much, but I would imagine those who get hooked on Byrds later graduate to real Spyderco's eventually. I hope we'll see a Byrd fixed blade one of these years.

I'm a little sad to see the SpyderHawk go, but I figure many people get one just for the cool factor and rarely use it. I don't use mine everyday or even every week, but it gets used consistently.

Very sad to see the Profile stones go away, but I should be good with 3 sets. One stays in my desk at work and sharpens most of the knives here. Luckily, it's not going to wear out anytime soon.

The last comment is that it's such a shame that the Bi-Fold was a restricted knife. I would love to have one to play with. It's a very functional toy and I'd almost class it as a piece of "industrial art".
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I will only appreciate my green Urban even more :) Will look for a deal on a spare ;)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]