The Military.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fifteen54

The Military.

Post by Fifteen54 »

I have many EDC knives that I rotate out from time to time. I usually end up carrying one particular model knife for a week or so and then switch it up, unless I have a stern inkling that I will need something specialized that day. I love all my Spydies but the one that always impresses me time and again when I carry it is the Milie. Everything about it is perfection. It seems to handle everything brilliantly while being very light weight and ergonomic. I even love the fact that it is tip down carry, and I dislike tip down, this knife just somehow feels right to be in this configuration. Every single time I use it I always wonder to myself, why do I ever carry anything else. Dose anyone else have this issue?
You can tell a lot about a person by how they keep their knives.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Yes, but I carry mine tip up. :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
hickster

Post by hickster »

I know exactly what you mean, but then there is the Para 2...
hickster
Fifteen54

Post by Fifteen54 »

I do not own a para, is it the business? I have wanted one from the get go, but I always thought it was the baby milie with a compression lock....
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Fifteen54 wrote:I do not own a para, is it the business? I have wanted one from the get go, but I always thought it was the baby milie with a compression lock....
I kinda like the para 2 about as well as I like the millie. At first, I was a bit reluctant to go with the shorter blade but as I got to using it I never felt underknifed.

Gratuitous pic.

BAL

Post by BAL »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I kinda like the para 2 about as well as I like the millie. At first, I was a bit reluctant to go with the shorter blade but as I got to using it I never felt underknifed.

Gratuitous pic.

It doesn't get any better that this. Well, throw a picture of your favorite gun in there maybe.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

BAL wrote:It doesn't get any better that this. Well, throw a picture of your favorite gun in there maybe.
Thanks knifebro, will have to work on another pic. :D
Mud Shrimp Moe

Post by Mud Shrimp Moe »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I kinda like the para 2 about as well as I like the millie. At first, I was a bit reluctant to go with the shorter blade but as I got to using it I never felt underknifed.

For me about 3" to 3.5" is a perfect knive. When I ordered a Para 2, I was a little afraid it would be too much knife for daily carry. It's really not. However, I suspect a Millie would be for me. The size increase seems pretty substantial.
hickster

Post by hickster »

Fifteen54 wrote:I do not own a para, is it the business? I have wanted one from the get go, but I always thought it was the baby milie with a compression lock....
It really is "all that". The ONLY problem with the Millie is that sometimes, when you really need to work with the tip, such as picking a splinter or other fine work, you just can't choke up on the blade enough without getting a finger on the lower part of the edge. Sacrilege, I know, but dare I say it, sometimes it's just a little too much blade for simple EDC tasks. :eek: The Para 2 is just the perfect length. The blade shape and grind are essentially the same s the Millie. It is also a generation ahead in design of the already well refined Millie. The Para 2 design is so good, in fact, that it bears the marks of both Eric AND Sal. Think about that for a minute...
hickster
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yes, the Para 2 is that good.
:bug-red-white
Fifteen54

Post by Fifteen54 »

Well then I need to get one lol...
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Yep, the Para2 is darn near perfect...love it!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

Hey Chuckster, I like your style :cool:

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

eneyman wrote:Hey Chuckster, I like your style :cool:

Nice pair eney....

TWSS?
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

I put in an order for a digi camo, plain blade para 2 yesterday. Importing should take a while, so it is time for me to find out. I have a M4 Military. I love framelocks but it will be good to have the compression lock and see how it holds up to my uses. I am confident it will be fine, but curious nun the less.

The Millie is a fine knife, but I don't keep coming back to it. I have a Gareth Bull custom that hits all the right spots for me :)
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
Fifteen54

Post by Fifteen54 »

I love the compression lock on my superleaf and superhawk. I think it is an excellent design and provides an exceptionally smooth action.
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

Love my PM2 and am waiting to see if they do come out with a new revised Military :confused: :confused: Before I make the jump.
Mud Shrimp Moe

Post by Mud Shrimp Moe »

eneyman wrote:Hey Chuckster, I like your style :cool:

WOW! I did not realize just how much larger the Military is.

How does the Millie's size compare to the Resilience? I'm sure I could Google it, but I want to know what the size difference feels like in the hand.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Mud Shrimp Moe wrote:WOW! I did not realize just how much larger the Military is.

How does the Millie's size compare to the Resilience? I'm sure I could Google it, but I want to know what the size difference feels like in the hand.
I don't have picture to compare, but I do have both the Millie and Resilience., I am sure that someone will have a picture. The sizes are pretty close, but the resilience blade seems to be bigger looking. I am going from memory, I haven't put them side by side for a while.
To a layman, they might not be able to tell which is a better knife, but once you handle both and use them it is obvious, the Military is a beast, both in size and quality.
Mud Shrimp Moe

Post by Mud Shrimp Moe »

Thanks, BAL. The Millie is one knife I'd like to hold in my hands prior to purchasing. I fear it's just too large for my carry preferences. I'm more familiar with the Resilience, just from videos and photos. It looks absolutely enormous.