Ladybug info?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BHDKnifer

Ladybug info?

Post by BHDKnifer »

Hi all, great photos and collections! Mr.blond dont mess around! Anyone have a complete list of all the ladybugs made over the years? It Was my first spyderco and it got me hooked. Anyone have pictures of there ladybug collections? Also...I know the spyder 1s had plastic clips (To me the best), spyder 3s went to the metal clip and spider 4s are current production but what were spyder 2s? :spyder: Take care & stay stitch free!
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Welcome to the forums BHDKnifer! Cannot answer your question, but I'm sure someone will be able to help shortly. Enjoy your stay!
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

BHDKnifer wrote:... Anyone have a complete list of all the ladybugs made over the years?
LBK Ladybug Black
LBL Ladybug Blue
LCF Ladybug Carbon Fiber
LFG Ladybug Forest Green
LGR Ladybug Green
LGY Ladybug Gray
LRD Ladybug Red
LPN Ladybug Pink
LYL Ladybug Yellow
LBKII Ladybug II
LSS3 Ladybug 3 stainless
LBK3 Ladybug 3 lightweight
LWHS3 Ladybug 3 White
LORP3 Ladybug 3 Orange

Also...I know the spyder 1s had plastic clips (To me the best), spyder 3s went to the metal clip and spider 4s are current production but what were spyder 2s
I assume you mean the Delica. Delica 2 have had SS (stainless steel) handles with old standard metal clip.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
BHDKnifer

Post by BHDKnifer »

Thank you Peter & amen! No ladybug photo collections. Is it because its called a LADYbug :confused: . Not manly enough? :confused: Such a practical little knife in so many colors. Its ok say its your wifes ladybug collection. ;) I think we need to come up with a new name for the Ladybug. A more manly name. Any ideas? We need to look up small spider names and find a cool one. Take care... :spyder: John.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi BHDknifer,

The original LBK was sold to the Military as a "Little Big Knife" because they didn't care for the Ladybug name.

We introduced a variant called the "Jester", but eventually the Ladybug took over, assumed the handle of the Jester and a modified Ladybug blade, but kept the Ladybug name. It's more well known.

sal
Blackhair

Post by Blackhair »

BHDKnifer wrote:Thank you Peter & amen! No ladybug photo collections. Is it because its called a LADYbug :confused: . Not manly enough? :confused: Such a practical little knife in so many colors. Its ok say its your wifes ladybug collection. ;) I think we need to come up with a new name for the Ladybug. A more manly name. Any ideas? We need to look up small spider names and find a cool one. Take care... :spyder: John.
On the contrary. I feel that "Ladybug" is this perfect name for this tiny beast of a knife. If nothing else, it belies its nature to people who aren't comfortable with knives (who are the people we would probably be using it around, anyway) :p .
Back from an extended hiatus.
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Blackhair wrote: I feel that "Ladybug" is this perfect name for this tiny beast of a knife.
I loved this knife even more when I found out the ladybug was the mini Delica...at least is is for the II...and I love the Delica II... :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."