a really easy sprint to run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Re: a really easy sprint to run

Post by twinboysdad »

kennethsime wrote:I'm gonna play devil's advocate here: I think that production out of Golden is already strained, and the Military (though I love it too) is a little less popular than other golden models (thus there are fewer military sprints in general). I'd really prefer a military

I'd prefer to see a Spyderhawk reproduction.
The title of this thread mention being an easy sprint to run, in that if a Millie was made SE in existing materials, i.e. black or digicam G10 and s30v, it would add virtually nothing to the process. I don't see how adding a SE to an existing model would strain the Golden factory. Now when we ran with this and added super steel and colored G10, it looks more pipe dreamy. I am not a patient person, an admitted fault. My hope would be Sal agreeing to run a few hundred in existing material really soon, hence me stating how easy this would seem to be to accomplish.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I think the issue that others have pointed out is that you're kind of asking for an unofficial production run of some SE millies. If it truly is a sprint, it will need some distinguishing characteristic (G10 color etc). You just have to remember that there are other factors at play, such as distributors and the collectors club. Of course I'm not sure how things only sold through the SFO work (bushcraft blank), so maybe there is a space between official production or official sprint.

I think your best bet, though, is to request this as the 2015 forum knife? I'm sure people could get behind that.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Forum Knife, eh? Not a bad idea! I guess that makes asking for Cruwear as the steel a bit easier!
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Donut wrote:I think it would be a good reason to up the toughness. Maybe a 3V serrated Military.

Orange handles, anyone? :)
Yes please!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Why not just have someone put serrations on a Cruwear Military?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Why not just have someone put serrations on a Cruwear Military?
I like how you think! Just send me a Cruwear Millie and I will handle the rest
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I like my PE CruWear Millie too much how it is to cut it up, but a SE companion to go with it would be awesome. +1 vote for 2015 Forum knife as a SE CruWear Millie.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think cru-wear could make a great steel for serrated edges.

I only have one though and having serrations added to it isn't gonna happen.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

(Sorry, I somehow overlooked this thread until now.)
The Cru-wear Millie is the only knife I have a dupe of. Where can you have serrations cut, how much does it cost, and most importantly, can you get them cut just like the current Spyderedges?
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:Wait, video?!
Hmmn, a link would be nice......sometimes its hard to find stuff through the search function
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
DM11

Post by DM11 »

I'd be very intereted in a SE Military!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Good point on the existing materials. What is the toughest steel that Golden uses?

Now... Taiwan was using 3V before the Tuff got discontinued, and I thought I heard that Golden shipped the US steel to Taiwan.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:Wait, video?!
I just found a mention of the video in the "How in the Sam Hill does one sharpen a LBHB?" thread
Evil D wrote:Like this

Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D