Chaparral 4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pir4te

Chaparral 4

Post by pir4te »

Cheapest price I've found... looks pretty

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/spyderco/ ... um-folder/" target="_blank
PayneTrain

Re: Chaparral 4

Post by PayneTrain »

Holy cow. Has there ever been a Spyderco that had a street price that high before? Makes me want it even more! The thing is absolutely gorgeous, and someday I hope to treat myself to one when I'm rich and famous. Shouldn't be too much longer now...
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

PayneTrain wrote:Holy cow. Has there ever been a Spyderco that had a street price that high before? Makes me want it even more! The thing is absolutely gorgeous, and someday I hope to treat myself to one when I'm rich and famous. Shouldn't be too much longer now...
Where is there a picture?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

pir4te wrote:Cheapest price I've found... looks pretty

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/spyderco/ ... um-folder/" target="_blank
Where else have you seen them? I didn't know they were this far along with this knife. Only $316.37? Might get two in case one gets dull. :)

Jack
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

jackknifeh wrote: Where is there a picture?
Oh I don't know, but I saw it in one of the videos in the SHOT 2015 thread. Eric was going over it and it just looked sooo cool.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Great picture of it in the catalog, so beautiful, I have never owned a chaparral, maybe someday...
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Well there it is. Can't believe I missed it. Maybe I didn't. Maybe I forgot. I don't remember. :)

Jack
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

PayneTrain wrote:Holy cow. Has there ever been a Spyderco that had a street price that high before? Makes me want it even more! The thing is absolutely gorgeous, and someday I hope to treat myself to one when I'm rich and famous. Shouldn't be too much longer now...
There has been. The stepped Chaparral 3 without anodizing is the same price.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Street prices of the CPM154/S90V Para 2 were quite a bit higher.
:bug-red-white
Slash

Post by Slash »

CF version looks like a great deal now. I have chap 2 and use it every day for 2 years now. I've seen the stepped version awhile back. But, I prefer the stealth. Still it's the perfect edc. Shocked I haven't lost it yet. Between misplacing it at work and being eatin by friends couches with out even knowing I it was gone.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Slash wrote:CF version looks like a great deal now. I have chap 2 and use it every day for 2 years now. I've seen the stepped version awhile back. But, I prefer the stealth. Still it's the perfect edc. Shocked I haven't lost it yet. Between misplacing it at work and being eatin by friends couches with out even knowing I it was gone.
The stealth is just awesome, although for me it plays the gents folder role more than EDC. I agree with you as well that its weaker pocket retention and light weight have made for some brief panicked moments.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I think I got my Chaparral 3 just in time before a price increase. I paid $282 for it on CS. Now it's $310.75. Still a buncha money for one knife (for me). Not a financially wise purchase but I don't care. I wanted the knife. I have the knife. It's mine. I can look at it any time I want. I can even carry it and sometimes I might cut something with it. :) If I didn't have the knife I probably would have spent the money on something else I didn't actually need. Or I could have added it to savings. :eek: How could I even think such a thing? :eek: :eek: :) Hope I don't have to tear up my "I buy knives I shouldn't buy" club card. :D

Jack
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Chaparral 3 is very nice, but I like Chaparral 4 much more. I can only wish that I would have enough of spare cash. May be one day.
pir4te

Post by pir4te »

This thread is useless without pics:

jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

bh49 wrote:Chaparral 3 is very nice, but I like Chaparral 4 much more. I can only wish that I would have enough of spare cash. May be one day.
You are looking at this all wrong. You have plenty of spare cash for the Chaparral 4. You need to look at it like I do and get used to saying things like "I wish I had enough spare cash for groceries". :) The electric bill being paid would be nice too. :D I also say things like "Wonder why wife left?" :D

Jack
bh49

Post by bh49 »

jackknifeh wrote: You are looking at this all wrong. You have plenty of spare cash for the Chaparral 4. You need to look at it like I do and get used to saying things like "I wish I had enough spare cash for groceries". :) The electric bill being paid would be nice too. :D I also say things like "Wonder why wife left?" :D
Jack
Jack,
May be this is in my future, but as of today I love groceries and my wife (she just gifted me a Memory) more than Chaparral 4 :)
Electric bill even more important than groceries. Without power, no heat (I do not live in Florida like some people) and no water either. 1 Chaparral4 = 3 electric bills :eek: I will not make 3 months without power, my wife will kick me out after 1 week :o :o and she will sell all my knives, including Natives. I cannot allow this to happen :)
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

This tendency is dangerous, Chaparral 7 could be beautiful and expensive enough to give you a heart attack just looking at its picture or the MSRP... :D
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

nirvanero wrote:This tendency is dangerous, Chaparral 7 could be beautiful and expensive enough to give you a heart attack just looking at its picture or the MSRP... :D
The 4 aint far away!!! :eek: John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

nirvanero wrote:This tendency is dangerous, Chaparral 7 could be beautiful and expensive enough to give you a heart attack just looking at its picture or the MSRP... :D
Don't do heart attack. If you die, you will not be able to sell your kidney and buy Chaparral 7 :D
Younger folk in much better position here. Their kidney cost more money :D :D :D
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Don't you guys think you should buy the Chaparral 4, 5 and 6 before planning on number 7? :)

Jack