Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by farnorthdan »

^^^^Very nice BTG, I would like to find one myself someday.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Mule in super blue should arrive in today's mail. It's a nasty, patina user, but I will clean it up a bit, make some scales & get it back to looking good soon. The price was right.... Pics to follow.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

NIB, C45S (ATS-55) Rescue Jr. (all stainless), it will be my newest pocket chainsaw for the 6 month SE challenge. Can't wait, I know JD has been singing it's praises so I am trying it out.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Drew78

Post by Drew78 »

Well I went off the deep end today....

I ordered and have coming a P'Kal, Delica 4 in ZDP-189, and a Stretch in ZDP-189
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Drew78 wrote:Well I went off the deep end today....

I ordered and have coming a P'Kal, Delica 4 in ZDP-189, and a Stretch in ZDP-189
No worries fella. It does a man good to cut loose every once in a while. :cool:
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
KevinOubre

Post by KevinOubre »

I have a Super Blue Stretch in the mail and I am also seriously considering a Southfork much to the dismay of my bank account.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

You're not alone...

I swore I'd wait till at least next month to make any purchases, and even then keep it small. I slipped...hard. :o
I put in what I thought was a lowball bid for a serrated stainless ATR on ebay just for the **** of it, and didn't get a response for over 24 hours so I was sure it was going to be declined. So instead I jumped on a well broken in 20CP PM2 on a forum for a great deal (considering what NIB ones go for). About an hour after I send the money for that, the ATR guy accepts my offer which after a little research turns out to be way overpriced. Oh well, at least shipping was free! :) They should be here before the weekend, depending what kind of delays this snow will cause.

And for the record, I did make it a over a month without one knife purchase!

Hi, my name is Payne and I'm a Spyderholic. It's been...[deep breath]...two days since my last purchase...
Drew78

Post by Drew78 »

HA! Thanks fellas, i feel much better now. .. :D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Your not alone brother, I had a wee bit of a blow out myself around the first of the year and pulled the trigger (more like a shotgun blast) on 4 at one time, Rubicon, Techno, Rock lobster and a fluted Ti Military....still feeling the sting from that one.. :o
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Drew78

Post by Drew78 »

Snap! Now THAT is going all in. Those are some nice (and spendy) knives Sir!
BTG

Post by BTG »

I keep telling my wife, (and myself) last one for I while.....I think I'm the only one who believes me....with good reason...had to pull the trigger on a SB Delica....paid too much also....but I need that knive..not want...need..
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Got a Calypso Sprint on it's way....really ummed and arred over this as not a fan of the Coyote Tan/Flat Dark Earth/70's Brown shade of the G10- but I saw some pics on a review of how slim and sleek it was, and I fell off the wagon.

I'm going to the British Shooting Show in Feb too so there might be a decent knife stall like last year, and a wallet-damaging moment :D
BTG

Post by BTG »

Not in the mail, but I think I saw a police 3 se,at the local shop, and seeing how that's discontinued I think I better go see if it's still there.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Those that have a B&M store close are so lucky!! Must be nice to handle all those fine Spydercos!! Wish we did.. BUT.. I am sure my wallet doesn't!! :eek: John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
kiwisailor

Post by kiwisailor »

Tuff decision- Tuff or Vollatton ?
After dithering for a couple of weeks, I Ordered a Tuff (+ Dragonfly) from Cutlery Shoppe. The Tuff is disappearing fast. When checking Web suppliers and humming and hurring, I'd go back and they would be sold out... Aaargh.
Decided on the Tuff as all user reports rave about it. Thanks Guys :p Tuff buying when you have been unable to handle one. :(
Will get more carry time and use than Vollatton.
The Vollatton is just going to have to wait.
Great service from Cutlery Shoppe by the way.

Remember, If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space :D
BTG

Post by BTG »

image.jpg
BTG wrote:Not in the mail, but I think I saw a police 3 se,at the local shop, and seeing how that's discontinued I think I better go see if it's still there.
Turns out to be an older serrated police model not the 3..even better, I can still get a 3 also.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Dragonfly in Foliage Green G10.
Loved them ever since my first one, an SS ats-55 one :D
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Ordered a Native 5, titanium handle this morning. Even though I've wanted one for a long time I haven't done it. But today there I was looking at some really nice pictures of it on the forum and seeing them and of course the moon and stars being in alignment I couldn't resist. :) This was the most dramatic impulse buy I've ever done. My impulse buys normally amount to ALMOST pulling the trigger but then I do about 15 minutes of shopping. Then when I find the knife $10 cheaper that's all the extra little push I require. :) This time however I looked at cutlery shoppe and there one was. I was honestly expecting to see the "on backorder, no idea when we'll get any more, not taking orders". :( Or something like that. However the only thing that jumped out at me was the "buy" button. Jeff at CS is top shelf when it comes to shipping fast. Today is Thursday. I might get it on Sat. Whenever I order from CS I always get the box one to two days sooner than other places. Once the seller gets the package in the mail it's up to USPS. The USPS offices between the CS store and my house must have top notch people. If I don't get it Sat. I'll have to wait a whole nuther day (Sunday) until Monday. OH THE HORROR! :)

Jack
EC_Snooker

Post by EC_Snooker »

My Delica Wave showed up this afternoon. First Delica. I'm in deep, deep trouble now. This knife is seriously something special. I believe this is the most ergonomically proper knife I've ever held. I think there is a green zdp-189 model available. Not real big on green but the whole zdp thing might mean I have to get another in the mail......I'm gonna wait til February.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

EC_Snooker wrote:My Delica Wave showed up this afternoon. First Delica. I'm in deep, deep trouble now. This knife is seriously something special. I believe this is the most ergonomically proper knife I've ever held. I think there is a green zdp-189 model available. Not real big on green but the whole zdp thing might mean I have to get another in the mail......I'm gonna wait til February.
I think the Delica is "the" Spyderco knife. All Spyderco knives are "like the Delica, except for (whatever)". It's like the Delica sets the standard of a great knife. Whatever other knives you like, you like for personal reasons. But the Delica is about the most perfect "set the example" knife around. Just my opinion of course. BTW, the ZDP blade is another one you should get IMO. Wait til February? Well, you only have 3 days. :)

Jack