How & Where to sell a new knife ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
HorserloverFat

How & Where to sell a new knife ?

Post by HorserloverFat »

I received a brand new Manix 2 XL as a gift , but I would like to sell it in order to buy another Spyderco knife. (I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to ask this.) Where and how would be the best place to sell this brand new knife ? Thanks in advance ...
jabba359

Re: How & Where to sell a new knife ?

Post by jabba359 »

We're not allowed to buy, sell or trade on the forums here. There are a few options, however. Bladeforums has a B/S/T section, but you have to be a paid "Gold" member to sell there. I see people selling on Craigslist quite often, it's free, and -at least in the area around me- it seems like Spydercos tend to sell fairly well. eBay is an option, but I wouldn't recommend it as they take a decent sized percentage. There used to be a great site called knife-bst, but it got sold off and then new owner neglected it and it eventually shut down. :(
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Lebowski22

Post by Lebowski22 »

If you are looking to get another Spyderco. I recommend heading on over to BF joining up, and browsing the trading section of the classifieds to find a prospective match.

Good luck to you.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

You might also try the EDC forum, you do have to pay a small fee to sell there but its a lot less than BF. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

cpfmarketplace.com is a great free place to sell/trade.
:bug-red-white
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Bladeforums or knifeforums is what I use. Knifeforums is free but they have pretty strict rules with how your profile is set up and they ask for a small donation.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

gbelleh wrote:cpfmarketplace.com is a great free place to sell/trade.
This was going to be my suggestion for a free option. It's pretty good but BF has considerably more traffic.
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

Thanks for the suggestions save for Blade Forums. A moderator closed the thread with my inquiry real fast, thus ending my chances on that forum.

I want to sell this one and buy a PM2. Thanks again ...
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

I'm not sure how that ended your chances on that forum. Unless you were also banned too? It might just mean that you have to follow their rules and be a Gold member as someone else has already mentioned.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

Yes, I must become a gold member. And put it this way : they are just not as friendly as the folks around here. (I wasn't banned.) Thanks, ManixFan.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

HorserloverFat wrote:Thanks for the suggestions save for Blade Forums. A moderator closed the thread with my inquiry real fast, thus ending my chances on that forum.

I want to sell this one and buy a PM2. Thanks again ...
BF has rules and a *lot* of members. They insist that people read and follow the rules. You have to be a gold member and post in the right forum.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Reddit has a knife_swap area now. Seems to be enough people there to unload a Manix.
Slash

Post by Slash »

Sell a spydie?...those are fighting words around here.
Besides the obvious places, there are many smaller forums that I believe are still free. Cpf(candlelightpowerforum) or something like that, ar15, Jerseydevil is a pretty good place.
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

Slash wrote:Sell a spydie?...those are fighting words around here.
Besides the obvious places, there are many smaller forums that I believe are still free. Cpf(candlelightpowerforum) or something like that, ar15,

Jerseydevil is a pretty good place.

I'm selling the Manix 2 XL in order to buy a PM2. (I don't need two Manix 2 XL's, after all.) Thanks for the suggestions ...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The site mentioned by Slash is spelled: jerzeedevil.com
I've had good luck selling there too, and it's free.
:bug-red-white
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I've bought and sold a few knives on instagram using the #knifesale tag. There's a pretty active knife community there and it's free.
Slash

Post by Slash »

gbelleh wrote:The site mentioned by Slash is spelled: jerzeedevil.com
I've had good luck selling there too, and it's free.
Smartphone likes to auto correct my smelling for my illiterate self. )
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

If it's convenient, HorseloverFat, I'd be interested in knowing how it comes out. I've been wanting to ask for a list of BST forums myself, and you saved me the trouble. This seems like a pretty comprehensive list. (no selling at USN?)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
HorserloverFat

Post by HorserloverFat »

DougC-3 wrote:If it's convenient, HorseloverFat, I'd be interested in knowing how it comes out. I've been wanting to ask for a list of BST forums myself, and you saved me the trouble. This seems like a pretty comprehensive list. (no selling at USN?)
I apologize for the tardy reply , DougC-3 . I haven't tried to sell it yet , but I want to in order to buy a PM2. I will keep you in mind ...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

HorserloverFat wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:If it's convenient, HorseloverFat, I'd be interested in knowing how it comes out. I've been wanting to ask for a list of BST forums myself, and you saved me the trouble. This seems like a pretty comprehensive list. (no selling at USN?)
I apologize for the tardy reply , DougC-3 . I haven't tried to sell it yet , but I want to in order to buy a PM2. I will keep you in mind ...
No worries, just idle curiosity. I'm thinking of starting a thread about interesting experiences people have had involving buying and selling or any tips and strategies they might use. (I've never sold a single knife :) )
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.