2016 or beyond Forum Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Qcrazy

2016 or beyond Forum Knife

Post by Qcrazy »

So the bandwagon for the 2015 Forum knife is in full swing and lots of great ideas are floating around. I never seem to think of posting a forum knife thread until the horse is way out of the barn. So here goes a thought for a future forum knife. But first open your mind to an oddity, think of ease of manufacture, look at the possibility of spare parts for a piece of Spyderco history, and think of how creative we could be with the knife. I say we need a Q forum knife. Designed by one of our own creative members (not me), cut, and made here in Colorado, with the possibility of more scales and hardware for us to rebuild Q's that are out there not being carried because of a lost clip or a missing lock bar. Just a thought, I know it's self serving, though this would recreate a bit of Spyderco history.
bh49

Re: 2016 or beyond Forum Knife

Post by bh49 »

Qcrazy wrote:So the bandwagon for the 2015 Forum knife is in full swing and lots of great ideas are floating around.
As always. And as always this is a long way to go. I would be really surprise see a Forum knife before 2016.
Qcrazy wrote: I say we need a Q forum knife. Designed by one of our own creative members (not me), cut, and made here in Colorado, ........... though this would recreate a bit of Spyderco history.
I love this idea. I would love to see PE and SE variants with limits, if applicable of two of each. Probably sprint run would be nice as well.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

I want an R Sprint in purple Nishijin :D
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'm kind of fond of the Q myself, so I'd definitely be on board for a Forum version. Assuming the molds and tooling still exist, and Spyderco could get GBC or someone to laser cut the blades (or now has the abiilty to do that in-house), I think it would be very popular.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Agreed, the Q is a good piece of history. Would also make for a good forum knife.

I just saw a billboard ate the SFO yesterday showing a bunch of Q's. I would definitely get one if it was made as a forum or even brought back for a sprint
Donut

Post by Donut »

I would be in for a Q knife. I wonder if we could squeeze a compression lock into it like the S was done.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Glad we're on the same wavelength. I've thought many times that a Q would be a great forum knife. The Q model was my first Spyderco so it's always held a special place for me. If they made it as a forum knife, I'd be one of the first in line to buy it!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

I just got to thinking about the Q and the platform it provides for customization, quirkiness, strong following, and blade length. It has always been one of, if not my favorite Spyderco knife.When anyone sees a Q it's not mistaken for any other knife, and no other knife company to my knowledge has ever copied, reproduced, or stolen its design. It is a Spyderco that has been cherished and sought after for years. If this did happen another positive would be that many that started their Spyderco addiction late could join the party of Q owners. The price point should allow the vast majority to own one, and with all that going for it I think Spyderco would have to up the numbers for a Q forum or even a sprint run.
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

INFRNL wrote:
I just saw a billboard ate the SFO yesterday showing a bunch of Q's. I would definitely get one if it was made as a forum or even brought back for a sprint
I've been lucky enough to see that same display. They have many of the hard to find Q's included in the lot. Well worth a trip to SFO.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Just took a look at the Q and the skeletonized blade looks like a nightmare to keep clean as an EDC blade.

Imagine cutting soft cheese with one of those! You'd be picking cheese out of the many internal edges for quite a while.

A nice art piece for sure...... but huge drawbacks as an EDC'able knife.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

This is a great idea! I'd definitely like to see this happen--if not now, then in the future. It's a great all-around design. I think this would be a nice homage to Spyderco too.
sal

Post by sal »

The tooling is long since gone. It would be an all new model with new tooling.

sal
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

Way to break my heart a little bit Sal. Though my take away is that you never said no. I'm in for new tooling and a new model Thanks for the response.