Roadies have dropped!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GoldenSpydie

Roadies have dropped!

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I just noticed that the black Roadie is in stock on the Spyderco page. Hopefully we'll see the other colors soon.

I may or may not end up with one, depending on the feedback the design gets.

Anyway, I thought I would let you guys know that it is out!
xceptnl

Re: Roadies have dropped!

Post by xceptnl »

They are listed in a few dealers coming soon inventories, but I have not seen a pre-order yet. Thanks for the heads up. Going to need a few of these to give out as gifts. Little late for Christmas delivery, but better late than never.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The Spyderco New Products page has the Roadie and Dog Tag Black listed but neither are really out. On the other hand, Lil LionSpy is out but not listed on that page.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

I called the SFO today and the lady there said they only have black at this time and the other colors will start appearing in the next couple of months.

So I ordered a black one as a gift for myself and should be here before xmas! Pretty excited about this one and plan to give it out as gifts in the future. Very sheeple friendly looking knife.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

RamZar wrote:The Spyderco New Products page has the Roadie and Dog Tag Black listed but neither are really out. On the other hand, Lil LionSpy is out but not listed on that page.
No, they are both "really out." People can buy them both (and I have seen in-hand pics of a Black Dog Tag), so I think I was justified in saying that they have been released. ;)

On the other hand, I also was wondering why the Lil' Lionspy has not been listed yet.
sal

Post by sal »

We get them in small quantities at a time. We have larger numbers of the Roadie's and Dog-tag's.

sal
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

sal wrote:We get them in small quantities at a time. We have larger numbers of the Roadie's and Dog-tag's.

sal
Hi Sal,

I was wondering: What color of blue is the blue Roadie in relationship to other knives, such as the UKPKs, Manix LWs, etc.? Thanks! :)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

sal wrote:We get them in small quantities at a time. We have larger numbers of the Roadie's and Dog-tag's.

sal
Thanks. That explains it. I have not seen the Roadie or Black Dog Tag at the big online dealers like BladeHQ, KnifeWorks, GP Knives, Cutlery Shoppe, KnifeCenter, etc.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I think this will be my new in pocket EDC. Seems like a good knife to just drop in the pocket and forget about it until you need it. I'm tempted to buy it at full MSRP. I wonder when dealers will get them.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

GoldenSpydie wrote:

sal
Hi Sal,

I was wondering: What color of blue is the blue Roadie in relationship to other knives, such as the UKPKs, Manix LWs, etc.? Thanks! :)
Ah, I see I'm not the only one that's a fan of blue :D
timlara

Post by timlara »

Looks like KnifeCenter has pre-orders up for all the Roadie colors now. Don't see a delivery estimate on there yet, though.
sal

Post by sal »

I heard that the rest of the colors will be late January, early February.

sal
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I went to the SFO today for the first time!!! sad thing is I have lived in Colorado since 1980...Pretty cool place to visit.
I played with the Roadie today and was surprised to see that its made in Italy. Its a cool little knife, but I am not too sure how much I like the tip design. The one I handled was Black. I also saw the dog tag but did not take a look at it.
I think if the roadie had a pointier tip, I would get one. However with the tip design, I will have to think about it.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I'll probably wait and pick up a red one, seeing as how Spyderco makes so few red handled, live-blade folders. It'll add a little more color variety to my EDC choices.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

I got two Roadies on Friday. Gave one to my dad and kept one for myself. I love it! Great design, should be very popular. Started off really stiff but has broken in really nicely. I do have previous experience with N690Co and like it just fine. For sub $50 this is a real winner.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Pictures?
- best wishes, Jazz.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Gonna hold out for a.. BLUE!!! :cool: John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
adairjs

Post by adairjs »

I got a black Roadie from GPKnives a week or two ago and really like it. I find it to be the perfect size for a small knife. The raised bug logo on the smooth FRN looks great. The dent makes it very easy to open. Once open, it takes a good bit of force to close. With that and the finger choil, it's not likely you'll close it up by accident while using it. N690Co is probably my favorite steel and is especially useful with a knife this small, in case it goes into the washing machine while still in the watch pocket of your jeans.

About the only drawback might be that it is a little hard to close while keeping my fingers out of the way, but I suspect this might only be a problem for arthritics like me and maybe some of you folks with big hands.

I've already pre-ordered a red one. The old Manbug may never see the inside of my pocket again.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

adairjs wrote:I got a black Roadie from GPKnives a week or two ago and really like it. I find it to be the perfect size for a small knife. The raised bug logo on the smooth FRN looks great. The dent makes it very easy to open. Once open, it takes a good bit of force to close. With that and the finger choil, it's not likely you'll close it up by accident while using it. N690Co is probably my favorite steel and is especially useful with a knife this small, in case it goes into the washing machine while still in the watch pocket of your jeans.

About the only drawback might be that it is a little hard to close while keeping my fingers out of the way, but I suspect this might only be a problem for arthritics like me and maybe some of you folks with big hands.

I've already pre-ordered a red one. The old Manbug may never see the inside of my pocket again.
Nice little mini review, thanks for sharing your impressions. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. Black, then grey, then orange..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
timlara

Post by timlara »

adairjs wrote: About the only drawback might be that it is a little hard to close while keeping my fingers out of the way, but I suspect this might only be a problem for arthritics like me and maybe some of you folks with big hands.
...and for dummies who try to snap it closed one-handed while talking and not paying attention. :D

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =2&t=66142" target="_blank

Nice writeup, and I completely agree with your observations. I'm holding out for a red one, but will definitely be picking one up eventually.