Spyderco Endura Lock Failure?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Spyderco Endura Lock Failure?

Post by sal »

Hi Suv,

Welcome back. Am I to understand that you got your knife back from customer service and it still won't lock? If that's the case, pleae send it back to us, call it to my attention and we will send you a new knife. Sorry for your frustration.

We have found that our lockbacks are quite reliable. We've been making them for 35 years. They are hard to make, but have advantages over other locks. I'm confused by your issues.

sal
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Well, you can't be fairer than that.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

The only relevant question is... What does Cliff want done?
Last edited by FCM415 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

FCM415 wrote:The only relevant question is... What does Cliff want done?

WWCD, what would Cliffstamp do?
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Bodog wrote:
FCM415 wrote:The only relevant question is... What does Cliff want done?

WWCD, what would Cliffstamp do?
Whatever it is, it's the right thing to do.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

That is unfortunate, didn't see that one coming. :o

Kudos to Sal for stepping up and hopefully this will get sorted out and the end result will be positive. :)
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

sal wrote:Hi Suv,

Welcome back. Am I to understand that you got your knife back from customer service and it still won't lock? If that's the case, pleae send it back to us, call it to my attention and we will send you a new knife. Sorry for your frustration.

We have found that our lockbacks are quite reliable. We've been making them for 35 years. They are hard to make, but have advantages over other locks. I'm confused by your issues.

sal

Sal,

You're a true gentleman. However, based on my reading of the above, it sounds as if Suv is still talking about his experience before he sent the knife in and not about after having received it back, but I could be wrong.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi ASmitty,

You are correct. Charlynn said he would have received his knife yet. My apologies.

sal
suv44

Post by suv44 »

sal wrote:Hi Suv,

sal
Hi Sal,
I have not received my knife yet. It's probably still in transit.
sal

Post by sal »

I'm glad you stuck around. :)

sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

sal wrote:I'm glad you stuck around. :)

sal
Hey suv, I'd like to second this sentiment. Hang around and you will learn a lot. As I'm sure you've already seen in your short stint here that this place is full of all sorts of characters (kind of like in the real world). Most are exceedingly polite and helpful. Some mostly just read and observe while others actively post all their thoughts. Some might even be a bit crass or abrasive from tome to time, but for the most part everyone gets along quite well here.

What you WON'T find here is many folks who arent up to snuff on knives. Seriously, there is a lot of collective knowledge and wisdom floating around on this small forum. The forumites here tend to be a very educated and discerning crowd when it comes to knives. There is a reason why they are hanging out on this particular forum and buying their knives from Sal.

So welcome to the forum. And yeah, please hang around and read and participate and you will have a chance to learn (and contribute) a lot.

Lance

P.S. Spyderco makes some amazing locks other than the back lock...several of which they invented. :)
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

Now I am wondering after reading the rest of the thread since my last visit...Did I get the name wrong on the Customer Service rep who called me? I thought she said "Melissa", but wonder if it was "Charlynn"? I don't hear as well as I used to but those two names aren't even close... :confused: :D

My knife hasn't made it back yet, but it probably got held up with all of the Christmas shipping backlog. If it doesn't arrive next week I'll call and check on the status.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Viking,

Melissa works with Charlynn.

sal
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

sal wrote:Hi Viking,

Melissa works with Charlynn.

sal
10-4, I appreciate it...I thought that loss of hearing my wife complains about was possibly showing. :D

I also gave the son who is waiting to get his Endura back for ya'll, a Military model for Christmas....He probably will have a hard time choosing which one to carry, but he loves the Military. He used to "borrow" one of mine, then "forget" to bring it back all the time.
gac

Post by gac »

I sent my Endura and several other knives in for sharpening a few months ago. Customer Service kept the old Endura sent me a new Endura because they determined lock was not working properly on the old one.

After that experience, and the experiences of others, I presume Customer Service has a higher performance standard than most of us.