What knife or knives did you give or receive this Christmas?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Re: What knife or knives did you give or receive this Christ

Post by Evil D »

No knives for me, people know better. I'm far too picky about this sort of thing to have it gifted to me. I would have to tell them specifically what I want, and that sort of ruins the surprise.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

You guys have seen my Rubicon as I've been carrying it the last two weeks. Patience isn't exactly my strong suit. So that's one, the second was the updated UKPK which I've been looking for for over a year. My local brick and mortar store has told me countless times that they would not be ordering the new one since they had a surplus of the older models. Well, last time I was in their shop I asked about it again and so the guy had a look. Sure enough they had two so I scooped one up. Pics or it didn't happen. Merry Xmas everyone. I'm spending Xmas with the family up north in the mountains, makes for a nice view.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

None here, I made my Peanut Paddies like I do every Christmas Day, old family recipe. :)

Grilling Out Steak later today. :D
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
:eek: dang that's a fine picture :D :)
Shooter Mike

Post by Shooter Mike »

I gave my sister in law a Dragonfly Tatto and it was a big hit.
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

MattЯ wrote:I received this Delica from my wife this morning. As if I needed reminding.

Nice gift, you're lucky as she didn't add three dots at the end... :D

I just gave my brother a G-10 Native.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I got myself a Centofante3 on Monday.

My wife didn't get me a Spydie but she did get me the Quark Pro I have been wanting for a while now and that I asked for. Oh yeah, 780 lumens.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
remnar

Post by remnar »

I gifted a kitchen knife to my mother and spent quite a while using my sharpmaker to try to save some of her cheap kitchen knives. I got the idea after trying to find a decent knife in her kitchen to carve the turkey with on Thanksgiving. I ended up using my Gayle Bradley to do most of the work. It sliced great, but I could've used more blade. :rolleyes:

BTW, My wife is awesome too, but I'm glad that she didn't etch it into the blade of the Delica that she got me for Christmas. :D

I remember pointing this one out to her a few months ago just because I liked the patriotic theme. I guess she was listening. :)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I recently picked up an old Schrade single blade linerlock with the Skoal shield and green saw-cut synthetic covers. I cleaned it up, polished the blade, shined the brass bolsters and shield, then took it to be signed by former NASCAR driver Harry Gant. He was my father's favorite racer and his car was Skoal sponsored. He signed the green portion of the handle as he had forgotten his glasses and couldn't sign the blade. Dad was really excited with both the knife and the skilled xceptnl edge that I had put o the knife. It made my day as a knife AFI and my Christmas as a son.

The image is pre-signature
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

That is an incredibly thoughtful gift, Landon. I'm sure your father will treasure that knife for many years to come. Truly, 'tis better to give than to receive. :)
Enduraguy96

Post by Enduraguy96 »

I got an early Christmas present from the folks, a fallkniven f1. Amazing knife
para military 2
Fallkniven f1
Endura 4 ffg
manbug superblue
tenacious x 2
manix 2 g10
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

No christmas present spyderco this year.. Last year my now ex girlfriend gave me one. My SS SE Harpy and i love it and i loved here even more for it. Now that she is gone (here depression took here away from me. :(. ) i can only pray for this to happen again in the future.

Because for a spydie addict as myself if you get a spyderco present from someone you love no present can be better then that ever again.
Now this year i got a 1,5 Liter bottle of La'Chouffe Beer (belgian offcourse ) 8% alc . Its waiting to be made empty. perfect gift for such a strange X-mas i must say. :D :p
animportant

Post by animportant »

jmh58 wrote:
MattЯ wrote:I received this Delica from my wife this morning. As if I needed reminding.

..and dont you forget it!!! :D Nice!! Welcome!! John :)
Could have been real strange if someone aside from your wife gifted this particular knife. :D
SpydyLover123

Post by SpydyLover123 »

I got a hungarian folder. It is exeptionally beautiful. I flip a balisong and my brother was always interested so I bought him a trainor.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I did not get any knives but got $$$ to buy myself knives(they know I am kind of special when it comes to knives) so I got a Para2 blk DLC, Military black DLC, blk squeak and a drop point UKPK. I had a very nice Christmas and I had just bought myself some knives a week ago or so a manix 2 XL dlc, a paring knife serrated red, street bowie, spydk and a bradley folder, a double stuff stone. This influx of spydercos will keep me alive while waiting on purple DGF, aqua salt, urban and Roadie. I am a happy little boy baby Jesus took care of me.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
Lebowski22

Post by Lebowski22 »

Dragonfly 2 H1 serrated given as gifts.

Handy little blades to always have on you.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

twinboysdad wrote:My old man is contemplating retirement after over 44 years of owning his own medical practice. He is going on a walkabout when that time comes and wanted my help on a side arm. While we were picking up his Glock 42 and waiting on the paper work I showed him a Tuff only to make the "folding fixed blade" explanation. He thought it was cool but between having my twin 6 year old boys in a crowded gun store and doing the paper work for his new gun, we just forgot about it. He had a Spyderco Tuff under my tree for me the next day.

One of my dad's hunting club friends pulled me aside many years ago when I was coming of age and said "boy, when God was handing out Daddys, somebody must have jumped your dumb a$$ to the front of the line". I see that now more than ever as he moves past 70 and I past 40

It's amazing how smart our fathers get as we grow up. :) Too bad we didn't (well, I didn't) know that when we were in our development teenage years.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I'm sorry to say the only knife given this year was a Kiwi 4 I bought for myself. I got it a week before Christmas and wife didn't know about it. Boy, was she surprised when I opened it. :) The only gifts I gave in a category like knives is I gave my son and daughter in law each an EagleTac D25C mini flashlight. It felt good because they were both very happy with them. Son had it assembled with lanyard and it was an EDC light within an hour. :)

Enjoyed reading all the knife giving posts. Sounds like some happy Christmas times.

Jack

PS
I would like to pat myself on the back a little. Every year I have gotten myself a knife with the honest intention of putting it under the Christmas tree. I've failed in the discipline category every year. I've just started using it when I get them and not wrapping them up. I did wrap it this year. So good going to me. :) It was harder than it sounds. :D I also bought a neck carry kydex sheath for it and it arrived today. Should I wrap it for next Christmas? Uhh, no. :)
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

I received a Rubicon from my eldest brother and his wife. We drove up to a local knife store a few weeks ago so we could pick it out in person, and the wait was an eager one.

Absolutely loving the knife so far, 2014 Import Knife of the Year for a reason!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Spyderco family.
Last edited by Able Dog on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

I got a K-2, it should be here in the first week of January.