Para2 available

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
opusxpn

Para2 available

Post by opusxpn »

I was browsing around and Howes has Para2s, just got a black on black $109
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
EC_Snooker

Re: Para2 available

Post by EC_Snooker »

Thank you very much for sharing this info. I just grabbed one. Recently bought my first Spyderco and have wanted to try out a Paramilitary 2. I was having a tough time locating one at a decent price but you solved my problem.
Bill S.

Post by Bill S. »

A perfect end to a perfect day.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

There was a discount code available, I got mine from them about a month ago for just under $100. :-)
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

zeeshan123 wrote:You open the knife, it clicks to lock, the lock bar seats flush with the handle end of the blade spine. After that, you press on the spine of the blade and the lock bar lifts back up to the point where the lock releases and the blade will close? Essentially, this is operating like a slipjoint knife?
It's not really a lock bar like a back lock knife at all (Or the slipjoint mechanism either). It operates by being pushed sideways and is much more like a liner lock (Doesn't move vertically in any way at all in fact), except that it's stronger because of the way it wedges between the blade tang and the stop pin, instead of just the blade tang like a liner lock. And a backlock is quite different than a slipjoint too because you have to intentionally release the lock, whereas a slipjoint just takes pressure on the spine of the blade to force it closed.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
wolfgaze

Post by wolfgaze »

Any difficulty/concerns for lefties with regards to disengaging the locking mechanism? I've never handled a Para 2 and it would appear to me that it's suited for right-handed closing as opposed to left...

Your feedback is appreciated...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

wolfgaze wrote:Any difficulty/concerns for lefties with regards to disengaging the locking mechanism? I've never handled a Para 2 and it would appear to me that it's suited for right-handed closing as opposed to left...

Your feedback is appreciated...
It's not an ambi lock but can definitely be a learned skill. My left hand is nearly worthless; it's weak and clumsy. I can unlock a CL knife easily. (Index finger and thumb pinch then shake) . With two hands it's very simple.