First gen Delica in blister pack

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mister X

First gen Delica in blister pack

Post by Mister X »

I buy a lot of first gen spyderco's and I came across this one for sale on ebay in a blister pack and bought it. It's a C11PSBK and is the 1/97 on the upper left corner the date of manufacture? I'm also wondering why this would come in a blister pack because I own a few from that same year and they all came in boxes and I had never seen one in this packaging before. Thanks for any info anyone can offer. :spyder:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (30.74 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.6 KiB) Viewed 2665 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (32.76 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Last edited by Mister X on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Re: First gen Delica in blister pack

Post by JD Spydo »

That is awesome!! Being I'm sort of a fanatic about the old school Spyders everytime I see one of these I love it. It looks as though you landed a combo edge and the Delica is a good model to have a combo edge too.

But this also could be a nice collector's item investment>> because with all the new fans entering into the Spyderco arena I'm finding many of them are drooling for some of the older models for their collection. Also there are collectors that specialize in one of the major models like the POLICE, ENDURA, MILITARy and in your case the Delica

Lord knows there is a huge assortment of Delica models out there and this could be a great start in that direction as well. Nice Score!!
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

Nice find. I've never seen a Delica in the blister pack before. Some I've come across packaged that way are the Ladybug and Spydercard (and maybe even a couple more that I'm forgetting at the moment).
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I don't know why, but I love those blister packed Spydercos. Great find DWW.
Mygrainman

Post by Mygrainman »

I know this is an older post but I just came across it... Have you found out anything else since posting this? I have 3 LBK's in similar packaging, and this and one other Delica(fully serrated) are the only others with this style of blister pack I've ever seen... and I've scoured the net for info. I did get an email response from Spyderco when I inquired about its origin and was told that she didn't recall seeing this style of packaging before and that it could have been a special sprint run for a customer, but all the files on these older knives are in storage so she couldn't say for sure. I'm hanging on to all 3 of mine until I find out more. One theory is that it is packaging that they used for military, the reason being... Sal mentioned they packaged the Ladybug as LBK because the military didn't care for the ladybug name. Also I recall reading somewhere that the military preferred blister packs.Image
endgame

Post by endgame »

Dont open them.if you do usr the **** out of it.its spyderco