Awesome new Spydie! What took me so long??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fancier

Re: Awesome new Spydie! What took me so long??

Post by Fancier »

When I loaded this thread all I saw was the bottom of the picture with the fish looking surprised. Then I scrolled up and saw the knife stuck in the head and it all made sense. I gotta stop anthropomorphizing if I want to sleep at night! :)
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Fancier wrote:When I loaded this thread all I saw was the bottom of the picture with the fish looking surprised. Then I scrolled up and saw the knife stuck in the head and it all made sense. I gotta stop anthropomorphizing if I want to sleep at night! :)
Oh no... I had to go back and look to see what you saw. There was no head stabbing. I just rested the knife on the fish for the photo. It kept falling off so I laid it behind the gill so it wouldn't slide. I didn't notice that it looked like it was stabbing him. You know it's funny, I have cut up and eaten thousands and thousands of fish but I have never stuck a knife in one to make a picture. Seems weird and disrespectful somehow. Ironically I have no issue sticking a knife in the same fish to clean and eat him. Completely different acts somehow. Sorry if it looked that way. I would be put off if I saw someone post something like that.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Surfingringo wrote:Quick update on the corrosion resistance. Today I came in from fishing and the knife was finally showing a fair bit of rust. On the jimping and several spots on the handle and blade. I was able to clean it all off in 5-10 minutes with a rag and some elbow grease but this is why I like the nitrogen steels for this work. You can keep the rust off of something like s30v but it's an ongoing battle. Other than that, still loving the knife and using it every day.
Lance it seems you are really honing on on your ideal boat knife. To me it seems like you need to do some secondary market hunting for a Caspian Salt.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Fancier

Post by Fancier »

Surfingringo wrote:
Fancier wrote:When I loaded this thread all I saw was the bottom of the picture with the fish looking surprised. Then I scrolled up and saw the knife stuck in the head and it all made sense. I gotta stop anthropomorphizing if I want to sleep at night! :)
Oh no... I had to go back and look to see what you saw. There was no head stabbing. I just rested the knife on the fish for the photo. It kept falling off so I laid it behind the gill so it wouldn't slide. I didn't notice that it looked like it was stabbing him. You know it's funny, I have cut up and eaten thousands and thousands of fish but I have never stuck a knife in one to make a picture. Seems weird and disrespectful somehow. Ironically I have no issue sticking a knife in the same fish to clean and eat him. Completely different acts somehow. Sorry if it looked that way. I would be put off if I saw someone post something like that.
I check out all your posts so I don't miss any fish pictures. Keep them coming!