FRN Clipitool?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

FRN Clipitool?

Post by Doc Dan »

I haven't purchased the Clipitool as it is too heavy and not enough functions. If the handles were FRN, and it had the knife blade, scissors, and bottle opener, all in one tool, I would buy one in a heart beat.
I remember Sal saying they were thinking of more tools done in their own unique Spyderco manner, or something like that. So, FRN, and those tools, for me. Forget the tiny saw.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Knifewing

Re: FRN Clipitool?

Post by Knifewing »

I'm with you re the FRN. I haven't purchased a Clipitool because of the SS handles. In fact, I got rid of all my vintage SS Spydercos because, beyond weight, the handles were just too slippery. And I think that problem is compounded on such a small tool. I would love to see and purchase a scissor tool with the gripiness of either FRN or G-10 (like the G-10 Manbug or Jester Sprint).
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I thought about G10, but it would have to be linerless. It would need to be a light weight tool to convince me to get rid of my current key chain tool. The weight issue is why I considered FRN.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

Thinking about it some more, rather than the saw, a nice, small hardened file with a flat head screw driver tip would be handy as, time to time, I have to file a metal piece smooth, or some splintered wood, etc.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050