Post your seconds sale pickups!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spydersense

Re: Post your seconds sale pickups!

Post by Spydersense »

Color me jealous! Nice hauls guys!
timlara

Post by timlara »

Liquid Cobra wrote:In all these photos I don't see the mark they put on the blade to indicate it is a 2nd. Is it just really small?
You can see it in a couple of GoldenSpydie's photos, but here is a quick closeup I took to show it more clearly on the Yo2 I got:

araneae

Post by araneae »

I'll try to get some pics when I get the rest of my knives. Most were shipped back to my house rather than trusting the TSA with them all. While I didn't have the gear to stay all night, I got there around 4:30 am- was maybe 45-50th in line, and I snagged some great deals. It was nice meeting Sal and some fellow forumites in person and it was a great experience. Kudos to the whole Spydercrew for all the effort they put into it.

And special thanks to Keen1 for letting me take one of his Southards, it was a very nice gesture- I've been flipping it all night :D.
araneae

Post by araneae »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Thanks guys!

A few other fun ones to find:

$55 Forum Native S110V
$65 Moonglow Native (super happy about this one)
$55 Elmax PM2
$40 Bob Terzuola Slip It

I guess sleeping out was worth it. I know, POIDH, so here are a few to tide you over until I can take some pics of the loot.

That's actually me in the center of your pic, blue jacket, green pack. I see Kyle in there too.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I've been speechless for days now reading this thread!

O

M

G

!!!

You guys snagged some major deals, got to meet each other, and spent an hour chatting with Sal!?! Color me greener than the Grinch! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:I've been speechless for days now reading this thread!

O

M

G

!!!

You guys snagged some major deals, got to meet each other, and spent an hour chatting with Sal!?! Color me greener than the Grinch! :)
The Same here. Why o Why do i live in Europe... :( :p
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

apollo wrote:The Same here. Why o Why do i live in Europe... :( :p
Ummm, because it puts you closer to the Amsterdam meet than us? ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
apollo

Post by apollo »

jabba359 wrote:
touché my friend you have made my day. Reading this topic shockt me so much it made me forget about it :D :o
Registration will be soon i guess. This year i will surely be there. I can not wait to open the goodie bag and find out witch model is in there this time :D
762cal

Post by 762cal »

Aw man...

congrats all for your good hauls.! wish I lived near there.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

apollo wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
touché my friend you have made my day. Reading this topic shockt me so much it made me forget about it :D :o
Registration will be soon i guess. This year i will surely be there. I can not wait to open the goodie bag and find out witch model is in there this time :D
Spyderco throws in a knife for those that attend?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
apollo

Post by apollo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
apollo wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
Spyderco throws in a knife for those that attend?
As far as i know every year yes . last year was a pingo. The year before a bug set. always combined with other items.
Sal and crew are amazingly generous. :)
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Usually I love living in the Netherlands...
At this point, Golden sounds ALLOT better!
Great deals guys! Keep 'em coming!

Jealous like crazy, but gotta love Spyderco!

(The upside of living in the Netherlands regarding Spyderco, Amsterdam meet is only 15 minutes away :D)
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

As far as i know every year yes . last year was a pingo. The year before a bug set. always combined with other items.
Sal and crew are amazingly generous. :)[/quote]

I was so sad I missed last years meet...
Still am in fact :(
It's a shame since it's only 15 minutes with the train for me.
I got the email that I could attend it, but it was a last minute thing and I didn't see the email untill it was too late...
Would have loved to chat with Sal and everybody from Spyderco and ofcourse you guys :)
And the Pingo is a knife that I still need in my collection, badly...
I will attend the upcoming meet and hope to see you guys there!
dernt

Post by dernt »

Just got around to taking photos after some travel. Here is my haul from 2012 after giving away 10 knifes or so. I went back three times that day.

And this was from 2014.

I told myself I would stay away this year, but a friend camped out, so I gave him some cash for a few good finds, and by noon I was crawling in my skin thinking about missing out, so I headed down to Spyderco. I didn't realized the Yojimbo 2 with CF scales was S90V until I got home. Bought it just for the scales. Probably would have got two of those. Same goes for the Forum 2013 Native. Saw several of those, but only got one. Had I known that was S110V, everyone on my Christmas list would have got one of those. Picked up several more fixed blades this year.

I like to get the unusual blade shapes when I see them, so I was really happy about the Hungarian, Jot Singha, Caspian, Double Bevel, Yojimbo and Pygmy. I don't know what I will do with all of these knives. I have enough for lifetime, but I'll probably be back if it happens again in 2016.

I think the prices have gone up from 2012, which probably helps reduce the people looking to flip these for profit.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Always both impressed and a bit envious when I see these finds. One year I will make it out and/or maybe get someone to check for a few models for me. I've always been more concerned with function than aesthetics as mine are all users and they are going to get a bit scuffed up with use eventually. Most of the current models could be rescaled, I think, if one wanted to make something fancy of them.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

looks like there was more than enough to go around!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm a little late with this post, work has been crazy. Better late than never I suppose. Unfortunately for me I was unable to attend the factory 2nds sale since I live in Vancouver BC and Golden is a bit of a hike. Luckily GoldenSpydie was kind enough to offer to pick up a knife or two for me if he saw something on my list. Well, the package arrived last week and I couldn't be happier.

A standard camo PM2 (which I needed to replace the one I gave away), a discontinued G10 UKPK and two sharpening stones. I'm still not too sure on how they work. With the sharpmaker?? Anyway, once I got them home I cleaned them up and now they look like new.

The G10 on the PM2 seemed to be a little "fuzzy" on the edges which I cleaned up with sandpaper. The only thing wrong I could find with the UKPK was the dot on the back of the G10 seen below:

Anyway, I put the PM2 straight to work that night. Dinner turned out nicely however, the cut of steak was less than stellar. Thanks again GoldenSpydie.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I'm glad to hear that they made it there!
Liquid Cobra wrote:two sharpening stones. I'm still not too sure on how they work. With the sharpmaker??
I don't have any idea what they would normally be sold for or the SKU, but I have been using them as mini pocket stones for free-hand touch ups on the flats. I believe that they are Ultra-Fine. I keep several around for sharpening when I don't feel like using the Sharpmaker or a bench stone.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dernt,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Those look like triangular SharpMaker stones from the pics, but I can't tell if they have red ends - my UF stones have red on the ends whereas my fine do not. Not sure if factory seconds would have the same red marks, but I would guess it to be likely.