Dream Collaboration for New Spyder?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

I still love the idea of a Graham Knives collab - the Razel is a fun concept, and I've used the fixed blade version, but the production folders don't do it for me and the custom folders are out of my price range. The same idea, with a spyderhole and super strong lock (instead of the liner lock on the production versions) would be awesome. I don't know if the CRKT partnership is exclusive or not, but I'd definitely love a Spyderco version in a better steel with a better lock.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
mattman

Post by mattman »

More with Mr Southard, please.
flash900

Post by flash900 »

sal wrote:We've spoken with Strider several times about a collaboration and we both are willing, just haven't been able to get together and make it happen. They do make great knives.

sal
You both are willing?

What would it take to get you together!
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
Holland

Post by Holland »

opusxpn wrote:Falk, reeve and spyderco
A CR colab would be similar to the Sage 2 I imagine
sal wrote:We've spoken with Strider several times about a collaboration and we both are willing, just haven't been able to get together and make it happen. They do make great knives.

sal
Very exciting news! hope this comes to life soon :)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
spyderg

Re: Dream Collaboration for New Spyder?

Post by spyderg »

I too would love a Spyderco Razel. I have a crkt stubby and a ringed and love the design. I think a dream knife for many would be a full sized spydie flickable razel folder with carbon fibre scales, or titanium. Lefty friendly please : )
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
Holland

Post by Holland »

I think my dream is coming true already, phil wilson B&T
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Would be interesting to see a collab with Polish knifemaker Poltergeist Works, they already have a license to use the Spyder-hole so the companies are already talking.

http://www.poltergeistworks.pl/indexEN.html
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

I'd love to see the spyderhole in a Gustavo Cecchini design:

http://www.knifeblog.com/wp-content/upl ... ome_16.jpg" target="_blank

Charles Marlowe's Squail is such a great knife... I bought the Boker Squail and I think I'd bought any Spyderco collaboration without a second thought:

http://www.knifepurveyor.com/images/con ... open_L.jpg" target="_blank

And, of course, a folder designed by R.J. Martin!
elena86

Re:

Post by elena86 »

mattman wrote:More with Mr Southard, please.
Yes SIR ! A min Southard as in mini AWT !
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

nirvanero wrote:I'd love to see the spyderhole in a Gustavo Cecchini design:

http://www.knifeblog.com/wp-content/upl ... ome_16.jpg" target="_blank
That Gustavo Cecchini is really a neat looking folder! Love the clean but functional look it has.

The one knife maker I'd really love to see a collaboration with is Yuna. His knives are piece of art, visually and technically. You can browse through his website and see for yourself. Fit and finish are perfect and he brings interesting handle/blade shape. If Spyderco could do a collab with him it might be the only way I could ever get my hand on one since the price on his knives are simply too high for my budget... and most! He has one of his knife for auction until oct. 1st
yuna.jpg
yuna2.jpg
http://www.yunaknives.com/" target="_blank