Spyderco Art

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
O,just,O

Re: Spyderco Art

Post by O,just,O »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I'm not even sure what to make of the one in the top left corner.?
I think it is a cutter comb for sheep shears. There you go, now;
If you recognise any others could you please help me.
O.
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

Cheddarnut wrote:
Jarrod wrote:Hey Picasso, don't forget to sign your art. You wouldn't want someone to steal it and attribute it to themselves.
Wow, if your second post is a smarmy sarcastic jab i cant imagine what you opened with. Welcome to the forums.
What are you off about? I thought this piece was reminiscent of Picasso's surrealist period, in particular showcasing techniques that were employed in Guernica, one of his master works.

In the spirit of surrealism, or perhaps dadaism, I'll opine that the most functional blade would be the canvas itself. Metaphorically speaking.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I guess you could say I'm an artist, I painted the skull and roses in my avatar. I've thought about doing some knife related painting... Maybe that'll be a project for the next calendar contest.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Jarrod wrote:
Cheddarnut wrote:
Jarrod wrote:Hey Picasso, don't forget to sign your art. You wouldn't want someone to steal it and attribute it to themselves.
Wow, if your second post is a smarmy sarcastic jab i cant imagine what you opened with. Welcome to the forums.
What are you off about? I thought this piece was reminiscent of Picasso's surrealist period, in particular showcasing techniques that were employed in Guernica, one of his master works.

In the spirit of surrealism, or perhaps dadaism, I'll opine that the most functional blade would be the canvas itself. Metaphorically speaking.
*bows politely

I assumed the worst, and can get a tad defensive in the name of freedom of expression. I see now you were playing on the Bansky quote " Good artists borrow, Great artists steal". Again, welcome :D
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I'm not even sure what to make of the one in the top left corner.?
Isn't it obvious? It's a spyder-spork.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Is this what is called "impressionistic art"? :eek:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Surfingringo wrote:
I carry a spork every day. If spyderco made a spork and it was better than the near perfect SuperSpork by Light My Fire I would be so in.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Surfingringo wrote:
Absolutely! A Spyder Spork would be good. Make it from H1 Stainless.
paladin

Post by paladin »

Surfingringo wrote:
might not work well with soup, that's the only downside I see
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

It's obviously a bird's wing... A SPYDER-BIRD!

That, or a cocktail fork...

TedP
Trout Hound

Post by Trout Hound »

might not work well with soup, that's the only downside I see
"Company founder, Sal Glesser, said that the while the SpyderSpork is, overall, a solid design, the initial decision to put the trademark round hole in the middle of the spoon bowl may have been ill-advised."
A sharp knife is a pleasure to carry. Five or six sharp knives are an even greater pleasure.

Trout Hound