FB14P4 – Swick 4 Leaf with Sheath

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

FB14P4 – Swick 4 Leaf with Sheath

Post by TazKristi »

The FB14P4 Swick 4 Leaf with Sheath will be available for sale on Wednesday, 24-Sep-2014 at 0900 (MDT)

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet store online at http://www.spyderco.com/" target="_blank. You will find it by model # FB14

Maximum Purchase Allowed: 2

The FB14P4 is not a Sprint Run. At this time no further production is scheduled, but if demand warrants it we will produce more.

Price: $69.95 each

Domestic Shipping: Standard Shipping rates apply.

International Orders/Shipping:
International orders have a maximum allowed amount of $600 (including shipping fees) for all online orders. All orders over $600 must be placed via phone or e-mail and paid for via wire transfer. Shipment of orders paid for via wire transfer will not occur until monies have been received by the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store. You may contact our store to place a wire transfer order at sfo@spyderco.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank or 303/279-8383 x 107.
International shipments will be sent out according to our International Shipping Schedule:
Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $45
Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $60

International shipments will be via USPS International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.

About the Swick4:
The original Swick™ was developed for fast deployment, lightweight carry, and an exceptionally secure ergonomic grip. The result of Spyderco’s relentless Constant Quality Improvement (C.Q.I.) process, the Swick 4 is a highly refined expression of the original concept that offers even greater versatility and strength. Like its predecessors, the Swick 4 was designed by Sal Glesser and features a large index-finger hole—a feature pioneered by custom knifemaker Fred Perrin. Placing your index finger through the hole locks the knife securely into your grip and greatly reduces the possibility of it being dropped or dislodged during use. It also allows you to keep the knife in your hand while freeing your fingers to perform other tasks. The Swick 4’s enhanced finger-hole design is larger and is complemented by jimping (textured grooves) on the thumb ramp to further enhance grip control during use.

The Swick 4 is precision machined from a solid piece of high-performance CPM® S30V® powdered metallurgy stainless steel. It features a full-flat-ground leaf-shaped blade for superior edge geometry and a skeletonized tang to minimize weight without sacrificing strength. The ergonomic handle is slim and perfectly functional in its bare state, but also features pin holes for easy attachment of handle scales or paracord wrap.

Every Swick 4 comes complete with a custom-molded Boltaron™ sheath and a G-Clip attachment. The versatile G-Clip is angle adjustable and can be mounted to either side of the sheath, providing a full range of belt or inside-the-waistband carry options.
Attachments
FB14P4_Both.jpg
There is nothing more important than this one day.
GoldenSpydie

Re: FB14P4 – Swick 4 Leaf with Sheath

Post by GoldenSpydie »

AWESOME! :D

I love the Swick 3, and the leaf blade will be even better.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The Swick 3 was available for a lot longer than I expected. I think the 4 with the leaf shape blade will fly off the shelves. Get me while you can!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Saweet!!!! Been waiting for this.

Gonna have to swing over on my lunch break and pick one up.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Wondering if this thread is being missed because of the color of the sticky or something. The lack or responses is weird.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

People are too busy clicking refresh on their S90V Yo2 tracking info.

Think a leaf shape would be kinda neat to have, not sure I have a huge amount of use for this design, though. I'll step aside and let the hordes feast.
MattM68

Post by MattM68 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Wondering if this thread is being missed because of the color of the sticky or something. The lack or responses is weird.
I was wondering the same thing! But I saw it right away, so I wonder what it could be... But that just means more knives for me ;) I really can't miss out on this one.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm curious if the scales from my Swick 3 will fit. I'd love a pic Kristi!

@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Liquid Cobra wrote:I'm curious if the scales from my Swick 3 will fit. I'd love a pic Kristi!
I am not positive but I believe so. I hope so. I'll have to look for the thread but it was mentioned at one point.
djjinksy

Post by djjinksy »

I am so in!!
-Steve
Embassy, Para2, Delica 4 SS, Dragonfly SS/ZDP/Superblue/H1, Native 5 G10, Manix 2 G10, Rescue 79, Swick3, Mule19
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Gonna have to swing over on my lunch break and pick one up.
If I lived close enough to the SFO to stop by at lunch, I'd be permanently broke! (but happy with lots of knives LOL) :D

I do believe I'll pick up a couple of them - especially since they come *with* sheath! It will be interesting to see if my Swick 3 will fit the same sheath.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
bearfacedkiller

I doubt the sheath will fit the Swick3. Same handle but very different blade shapes.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Kristi, could you post a photo of the knife? I did a quick google search but I couldn't find anything :)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nice! The leaf shape will be awesome. Thanks for the update!
sal

Post by sal »

HT scales should fit, but the sheath won't. You can get a sheath from the same company for your Swick 3 (Sheathpro).

Gail and I have pair with HT carbon scales. Pretty nice. Taz is out of the office working shows. I'll see if I can get someone to shoot mine and post a pic.

sal
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Wow--it would be amazing to see a picture of your personal knife!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm definitely in for 1 (more likely 2) of these.

The leaf blade will make it a nice EDC knife for me.
bearfacedkiller

Awesome Sal, would love to see a pic!!! I'm gonna be there at 9:00 with the scales from my Swick3 and ready to carry.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Edit: technical issue that I will post elsewhere.
paladin

Post by paladin »

Good News!

How is this model gonna be different from Swick 2?