Any Phil Wilson calab's in the future?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gravedigger

Any Phil Wilson calab's in the future?

Post by Gravedigger »

Loving my Sprig. Possibly a filet or the smoke creek? South fork will be in my future.
Tdog

Re: Any Phil Wilson calab's in the future?

Post by Tdog »

On BF several month's ago Sal said they were looking at a "beau river". I keep hoping for a Shelter Cove or Punta Chivato fillet, but I'm not holding my breath. I know years ago a Phil Wilson fillet was in the works but never made it to production. Perhaps Spyderco feels the fillet market is too saturated or that it's hard to compete with the cheaper fillets? I have a Phil Wilson fillet in CPM154, love the knife and use it often. Gets razor sharp very easily and is a thing of beauty. Would still purchase a Phil Wilson fillet collaboration for me and family members. The green G10 and S90v would definitely work for me.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I heard some chatter about a possible Bow River...not sure if its happening or not. I have a few of Phil's customs too, including a 7.5" fillet. Phil is da man when it comes to fish and game cleaning tools!
Gravedigger

Post by Gravedigger »

Tdog wrote:On BF several month's ago Sal said they were looking at a "beau river". I keep hoping for a Shelter Cove or Punta Chivato fillet, but I'm not holding my breath. I know years ago a Phil Wilson fillet was in the works but never made it to production. Perhaps Spyderco feels the fillet market is too saturated or that it's hard to compete with the cheaper fillets? I have a Phil Wilson fillet in CPM154, love the knife and use it often. Gets razor sharp very easily and is a thing of beauty. Would still purchase a Phil Wilson fillet collaboration for me and family members. The green G10 and S90v would definitely work for me.
I searched "beau river" and could not find a Phil Wilson knife with that name, but did find BF fourm post.

Any more information on the knife?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I suspect it is a Phil Wilson "Bow River" design which Sal referred to as "Beau River" ;) may be found here: http://www.seamountknifeworks.com/gallery.htm Phil is a great guy and makes fine knives.
Holland

Post by Holland »

I used to have a smoke creek and it is an amazing design, I would buy a spyderco colab in a heart beat

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

Tdog wrote:On BF several month's ago Sal said they were looking at a "beau river". I keep hoping for a Shelter Cove or Punta Chivato fillet, but I'm not holding my breath. I know years ago a Phil Wilson fillet was in the works but never made it to production. Perhaps Spyderco feels the fillet market is too saturated or that it's hard to compete with the cheaper fillets? I have a Phil Wilson fillet in CPM154, love the knife and use it often. Gets razor sharp very easily and is a thing of beauty. Would still purchase a Phil Wilson fillet collaboration for me and family members. The green G10 and S90v would definitely work for me.

I'm thinking a PW fillet knife would be a perfect addition. CPM 154 sounds like a more user friendly steel, that I'd be interested in as an alternative to the super, or more-super steels. Just keeping the idea alive.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Roger on the Phil Wilson fillet Roger. :) If the design and blade geometry are kept true to Phil's making, I'd take several in whichever stainless is used. :spyder:
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Holland wrote:I used to have a smoke creek and it is an amazing design, I would buy a spyderco colab in a heart beat

Looks familiar ;)

Phil's customs have some very great edge geometry.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

If it says Phil Wilson, I'm pretty much going to buy it.
sal

Post by sal »

Bow River is next.

sal
mrtodd777

Post by mrtodd777 »

sal wrote:Bow River is next.

sal
Awesome! Must have for me. I do not currently own a Phil Wilson, but I have loved the blade shape of the bow river for some time. I have been carrying a Hess Large Caper which has a similar blade shape. It was as close as I could get to owning one of his customs..

ImageUntitled by Todd Crawford, on Flickr
Gravedigger

Post by Gravedigger »

sal
Thanks Sal
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm excited for the bow river. I have a smoke creek, so it'll be nice to broaden the family a bit. :)
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

The Bow River looks promising! I still need to pick up a Southfork, but more trailing points are always nice.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Gravedigger

Post by Gravedigger »

sal

Is it going to be a trailing point or a drop point Bow river?
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

There's a thread about it here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74027

It's going to be a budget offering made in China
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

sal

Thanks, very cool!