What is the best G10 color for the Military?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What is the best color of G10 for the Military?

1. Black
12%
2. Orange
4%
3. Dark Blue (blurple)
6%
4. Navy Blue
6%
5. Digi Camo
6%
6. Brown
6%
7. Dark Charcoal Gray
10%
8. Light Gray
No votes
9. Forest Green
38%
10. Foliage Green
12%

Total votes: 50

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

What is the best G10 color for the Military?

Post by Doc Dan »

What do you all think is the best color for the Military's G10? I would go for orange, but I really like that Dark Blue/Midnight Blue on the S110V. I would love to have something like that with orange liners, or orange with smurf blue liners.

what do you all say?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
awa54

Re: What is the best G10 color for the Military?

Post by awa54 »

I'm really liking the green in my KW Millie, so it gets my vote.

Dark gray and all shades of blue are good too though.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I like black G-10 for the Spyderco Military... it gives the knife a standard military look.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I really like my KW Millie. It looks really good in person imho. Very nice color.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd like a dark gunmetal gray or a darker khaki tan color, otherwise I tend to be just fine with black.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like the forest green a lot. I love the Ti and the Fluted Ti too. The dirty grey of my Cruwear looks good to me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
timlara

Post by timlara »

I really like the green of the KW 204P. That is the best version of the Millie so far, IMHO...In fact, I almost bought one even though I've had other Millies before and ended up never carrying them because they're a bit too big for my needs. It's just that nice.

*edit: It looks like it's still in stock, which is hard to believe!
Tim
BTG

Post by BTG »

Army Green for the Military would be cool, voted for Forest green over Foliage as I like the darker better.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I chose dark charcoal gray (or "grey" for you Europeans :p) as I think it would kick things up a notch on the Military platform.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I really like the Green for some reason, always have. I especially like the green Spyderco used on the 204P series and the Spyderwolf. I would be very happy to see more of it. The other color I like is the Cruwear stuff, (military, M2) not sure what we are calling that but I call it tan or would it be light brown, maybe earth color. It would be killer to see a Cruwear Yo2 and PM2 drop eventually.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Foliage is sweet on the Millie.

I prefer CF though...
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I like the forest green a lot. I love the Ti and the Fluted Ti too. The dirty grey of my Cruwear looks good to me.
+1 on the Titanium and Fluted Titanium...! Love the looks, enhanced durability, and RIL that both provide.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I voted for the "Digital Camo". And before I owned and used one I never really was all that big on camo type stuff of any type. But that Digital Camo really grows on you and oddly enough even seems to be sheeple friendly. I've actually gotten quite a few compliments on my M390, Digital Camo, C-36 Military model.

But I also love the Brown handle I have on my XHP Military and I've wanted a MILLI with a nuclear orange handle for some time but I've never found one with any blade steel except S30V which I'm not extremely fond of for a lot of reasons. But most of Spyderco's selection for handles/scales on the C36 Military model have been really eye appealing for the most part. It's just one of Spyderco's models that continues to grow on me.

I sure wish the C-60 Ayoob enjoyed the same popularity as the C-36 Military does. Because I would love to see that knife with a wide array of handle colors and handle materials along with different blade steels just like they've done with the Military model.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

I am a bit surprised that the forest green is so popular. Of course, this is a small sampling. It is a nice color, though.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doc Dan wrote:I am a bit surprised that the forest green is so popular. Of course, this is a small sampling. It is a nice color, though.
Actually that doesn't surprise me at all. Because it's the color of that latest Sprint Run and it's been talked about a lot lately. However I am surprised that so few people chose the "orange" selection>> because for work purposes I think those nuclear colored Spyders definitely have their advantages.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I don't know why but I really think the millie looks great in brown. I don't like most of the other brown knives spyderco has offered, but I think it works on the millie/PM2. I'm always on the lookout for an old XHP sprint, but they never pop up for a reasonable amount.

Orange would be a close second. The forest green is cool too.
Doc Dan

Post by Doc Dan »

JD Spydo wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:I am a bit surprised that the forest green is so popular. Of course, this is a small sampling. It is a nice color, though.
Actually that doesn't surprise me at all. Because it's the color of that latest Sprint Run and it's been talked about a lot lately. However I am surprised that so few people chose the "orange" selection>> because for work purposes I think those nuclear colored Spyders definitely have their advantages.
I was surprised about the orange, as well. I thought it would have been the top one or two choices.

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Any earthtone for me. When I want to be sure I can find it when I put it down I will use a bright lanyard, otherwise I don't like bright colors that attract eyes. Dark gray, brown, CF, dark green, all good. Smurf blue required required a scale-swap. I am ok with the light gray on the Cruwear because I love Cruwear. Not a fan of metal handles at all. Too cold in winter.
LC Kid

Forest Green Rules!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

Since my all time favorite Millie is the Dark Green G10 / CTS-204P KW Exclusive my vote is Forest Green :D