Hello and Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jdw

Hello and Question

Post by jdw »

Hello,
I'm new to the forum but a long time lurker. I have been out of the knife collecting
loop for the last 6 or 7 years while my son was in college so please forgive any redundant
questions. The civility and knowledge on this board is outstanding.
I am looking for a lil matriarch with a se (love my pe one) and a couple of other discontinued models. Other
than random web searches, what are some of the best sites to find some of these? Thanks
to Bdub for the posts and bringing this up.
One other quick question. How do you rate the CTS 204 Military compared to some of the other variations
that are out there. I am thinking about getting it but not sure whether to pull the trigger on it or not. TIA
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Liquid Cobra

Re: Hello and Question

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Welcome to the forum. A good place to start is the exchange on blade forums.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
awa54

Post by awa54 »

jdw wrote:Hello,
I'm new to the forum but a long time lurker. I have been out of the knife collecting
loop for the last 6 or 7 years while my son was in college so please forgive any redundant
questions. The civility and knowledge on this board is outstanding.
I am looking for a lil matriarch with a se (love my pe one) and a couple of other discontinued models. Other
than random web searches, what are some of the best sites to find some of these? Thanks
to Bdub for the posts and bringing this up.
One other quick question. How do you rate the CTS 204 Military compared to some of the other variations
that are out there. I am thinking about getting it but not sure whether to pull the trigger on it or not. TIA
Welcome jdw, there's a thread on the KW Military, seems like the overall opinion is that it's pretty awesome. It's both my first Millie and my first CTS-204P knife, I'm impressed with both the design and the steel, so my vote is to get one!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard, jdw. :)

Off the top of my head, you can still get the combo Bento edition of the Lil' Matriarch here: http://www.bentoboxshop.com

Hope this helps!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jdw,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Depending on just how badly you want one, you might want to check out Country Knives. They're not cheap, but they're 100% reliable. They tend to have discontinued models longer than most internet dealers because they charge full MSRP.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
awa54

Post by awa54 »

The Deacon wrote:Depending on just how badly you want one, you might want to check out Country Knives. They're not cheap, but they're 100% reliable. They tend to have discontinued models longer than most internet dealers because they charge full MSRP.
Very interesting that they have other vendor's sold out exclusives in stock as well!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

awa54 wrote:
The Deacon wrote:Depending on just how badly you want one, you might want to check out Country Knives. They're not cheap, but they're 100% reliable. They tend to have discontinued models longer than most internet dealers because they charge full MSRP.
Very interesting that they have other vendor's sold out exclusives in stock as well!
I suspect it's because, like a lot of other dealers, they "own" several Collectors Club numbers and, like other Collectors Club members at certain levels get those Exclusives. I know that's how I wound up getting a BBS Exclusive Spyderco from New Graham.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jdw

Post by jdw »

Thank you. Nice link and nice selection. The Persian is one of the models that I was looking for.
Last edited by jdw on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Wovoka
jdw

Post by jdw »

SpyderNut wrote:Welcome aboard, jdw. :)

Off the top of my head, you can still get the combo Bento edition of the Lil' Matriarch here: http://www.bentoboxshop.com

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I couldn't find the se version but bought a back up to my pe
version before it goes away too! Thanks again.
--Wovoka
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

You're very welcome. Always glad to help. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum jdw,
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."