Zome Delica/Endura coming soon

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Johnnie1801

Zome Delica/Endura coming soon

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Just checked the new releases section and the Zome Delica and Endura knives are coming soon
Zome (pronounced "zoh-may") is a class of Japanese handicrafts that focuses on dyeing textiles. This ancient art form includes many different methods of creating patterns on cloth using dyes derived from plants, flowers, fruit, and other natural sources and is closely related to many aspects of Japanese history and culture.

Inspired by this rich artistic heritage, Spyderco's Zome knives are unique variations of our lightweight models, which feature injection-molded fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handles. The handles are molded in a light base color and then individually hand dyed by expert Japanese artisans. Using a technique reminiscent of traditional hiki-zome (brush dyeing), various colors of dye are hand brushed onto the handle to create distinctive, one-of-a-kind patterns. Like Japan's classical dyeing methods, the special dyes used completely permeate the FRN to permanently color it.
Delica

Endura
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
ejames13

Re: Zome Delica/Endura coming soon

Post by ejames13 »

Standard VG-10 or something different?
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

ejames13 wrote:Standard VG-10 or something different?
regular vg-10, just different handles.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

They are vg10 ejames...I just looked them up. :) I had never heard of Zome before but I like.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Omg so cool
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Is the SFO the only place to get these? Gotta add another Delica to the stable...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hot dang, I've been looking forward to these. I hope they'll continue this trend with the other Seki models: Dragonfly, Ladybug, Manbug, Stretch...

Very cool! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

tvenuto wrote:Is the SFO the only place to get these? Gotta add another Delica to the stable...
I assume these will be offered through dealers just like the rest of Spyderco's knives.

I'm wondering if there'll be a variety of colors offered or is the green/camo pattern going to be the only one.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
animportant

Post by animportant »

I'd like to see some funky colors, however not sure if they would be hot sellers
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Black coated blades and I'm sold for a pair..
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I wouldn't mind seeing this pattern on the next exotic steel Sprint.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I LOVE camo and those look camo. I'm in for a Delica. Thanks. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
harronek

Post by harronek »

My only response is when , where , how much .

Ken
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Spyderco definitely listens to its customers. I started a thread about this roughly 2 to 3 years ago. It was agreed that this was a good idea to find a way to do this. (Sal, that slay fox, probably already had this in mind and said nothing). And, it was not just me. I have read some old threads on the Stretch and other knives asking for something like this from back in 2008 or 9. I am excited. I have got to now start saving money for one each of these.
Last edited by Doc Dan on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
osprey

Post by osprey »

I'll buy one of each!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I saw the prototypes of these at the April Oregon knife show. IIRC, there were green/black, red/black, and grey/black variants on display. Sal was very pleased with them and spoke about how each was hand-painted and the patterns would be different/unique on each knife!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

And I thought I was done buying knives for this year. :) I'm definitely in for a Delica. Very cool design and looks like it would blend in very well in the pocket.

On a side note, I called the SFO today and the lady there said they would be in stock in a couple of weeks.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Crap. More Delicas and Enduras to buy. They look very nice.
- best wishes, Jazz.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Wow!! This is a must have for me! Looks gorgeous! Hope there may eventually be a Zome salt?