There could be a Paramilitary 2S

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mikael Andersson

There could be a Paramilitary 2S

Post by Mikael Andersson »

There could be a Paramilitary 2S which would share the same grip of the Paramilitary 2 but the blade is diagonally cut down (reverse tanto) to a length of 3.00'' which is great for those who likes the handle of the Paramilitary 2 but their knife laws outlaws knives above 3.00''.
Last edited by Mikael Andersson on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ncmiked

Re: There could be a Paramilitary 2S

Post by Ncmiked »

Make us a prototype out of one of your PM2's so we can see what it will look like...
Studey

Post by Studey »

Ncmiked wrote:Make us a prototype out of one of your PM2's so we can see what it will look like...
That's a great idea. No need for Slyderco to do it since it's so easy. Since the PM2 blade is ready under 3.5", you won't have much work to do.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

You could always mod one to be shorter yourself. I did that on an endura once with sandpaper and some patience. It came out pretty good.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
swigert

Post by swigert »

Ncmiked wrote:Make us a prototype out of one of your PM2's so we can see what it will look like...
Seems like a good plan. Can't sit around waiting for Spyderco to do everything you want.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Mikael Andersson wrote:There could be a Paramilitary 2S which would share the same grip of the Paramilitary 2 but the blade is diagonally cut down to a length of 3.00'' which is great for those who likes the handle of the Paramilitary 2 but their knife laws outlaws knives above 3.00''.
1.Put a post up on the various knife trading forums of "Wanted: PM2 with a broken point"-
2. negotiate on the price and buy it
3. regrind your PM2 to a snub-nosed config as you describe
4. Post pictures in the "Show Us Yer Mods" thread here
5. ?????????
6. Profit!
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

demoncase wrote:
Mikael Andersson wrote:There could be a Paramilitary 2S which would share the same grip of the Paramilitary 2 but the blade is diagonally cut down to a length of 3.00'' which is great for those who likes the handle of the Paramilitary 2 but their knife laws outlaws knives above 3.00''.
1.Put a post up on the various knife trading forums of "Wanted: PM2 with a broken point"-
5. ?????????
6. Profit!
That's actually a good idea
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Bodog wrote:
demoncase wrote:
5. ?????????
6. Profit!
That's actually a good idea
I'm allowed one a day- and that was it....so cherish it. :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

you could always hunt down a yojimbo 1. They were specifically designed to be under 3 inches. also kahr arm delica is 2.5 inch. And although it's not a spyderco product, i feel the Emerson "Snubby" is worth mentioning, if you live somewhere with blade length restrictions.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what the Para-Military 3 (as it's been called) is going to have: 3" blade in a full size handle? I believe it's also planned to be offered in both G-10 and FRN versions.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Mikael Andersson

jabba359 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what the Para-Military 3 (as it's been called) is going to have: 3" blade in a full size handle? I believe it's also planned to be offered in both G-10 and FRN versions.
I think that it will have a smaller handle than the Paramilitary 2.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
jabba359 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what the Para-Military 3 (as it's been called) is going to have: 3" blade in a full size handle? I believe it's also planned to be offered in both G-10 and FRN versions.
That's my impression also. The PM3 would be smaller all around.
remnar

Post by remnar »

They should call this new PM2-esque knife the "Puny Para". :p
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Mikael Andersson wrote:
Ah, bummer. I love the size of the PM2 handle. It fits my hand really well.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Mikael Andersson

jabba359 wrote:
Mikael Andersson wrote:
Ah, bummer. I love the size of the PM2 handle. It fits my hand really well.
Hence my idea for a Paramilitary 2S.
npad69

Post by npad69 »

and dont forget to ditch the spydiehole and add a flipper and the rainbow colors Sal!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Mikael, I think you're on to something with this one! But mate, seems like you're taking a bit on. Will you be lengthening the blade as with the other thread you started, then shortening it as you described here? Will the new knife you are modelling have a long and short blade (perhaps your new design may also incorporate the original blade) or will you model two separate knives? Do you have any preference towards a particular blade steel?
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Bloke wrote:Mikael, I think you're on to something with this one! But mate, seems like you're taking a bit on. Will you be lengthening the blade as with the other thread you started, then shortening it as you described here? Will the new knife you are modelling have a long and short blade (perhaps your new design may also incorporate the original blade) or will you model two separate knives? Do you have any preference towards a particular blade steel?
Triple blade PM. Long blade, short blade, and original, all in the same handle that is very ergonomic.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bodog wrote:
Triple blade PM. Long blade, short blade, and original, all in the same handle that is very ergonomic.
Paramilitary Triad ;)
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Bodog wrote:
Paramilitary Triad ;)
I think you're onto something...